Brave new world

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
LooLooSud33Spider

Brave new world

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

Hi All.
Just a quick comment about the current Covid-19. Situation. I’d just like to wish all forum members and your family’s all the best. Time to come together as one world in order to deal with this dreadful disease.
There’s no doubt We’re living in very uncertain times and that everyday life is going to be very different for the foreseeable future.
Stay safe
Lou. xx
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

alfasuddriver

Re: Brave new world

Post by alfasuddriver »

Well put Lou, things are changing rapidly in the UK in response to the COVID-19 virus and I guess that we need to have a new way of thinking in terms of what each of us can do to help stop the spread.

On a lighter note, you can’t catch it on CAF so don’t let the virus stop the chat..

Best wishes to all,
Richard.

LooLooSud33Spider

Also. The Government advice Says nothing about staying out of the garage or messing with old cars. I Might actually be able to get on with Both the Sud and the Midget over the next 12 weeks.
Every cloud has a silver lining I guess
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

Definitely, I won’t feel so bad about being anti-social and spending the day fitting those parts I find so easy to buy.

Alfastrut

Post by Alfastrut »

I'm thinking 14 days isolation is enough time to do the sills on my 33

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Don't mention Virus and CAF in the same sentence :o not whilst we're trying to update the forum :lol:

Agree with getting loads of jobs lined up though incase housebound for 2 weeks, may even be able to get the Y10 done!
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

junior

Post by junior »

I was thinking I could volunteer and do fast deliveries in the Sud. And they would know when I was arriving. :D

LooLooSud33Spider

Well this is all starting to look a hell of lot more serious than we probably alll thought a few short weeks ago.
Please everybody Take care in these uncertain times it looks like we’re in for a very long haul hopefully the internet won’t break with everybody working from home. And we can all still enjoy our favourite forum

As before stay safe don’t take risks and we’ll get through this

Lou.
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Does anyone think we had the start of this around Christmas? I do.
Like you say Lou, I think it is a lot worse than we first thought. :?

junior

Post by junior »

Kegsti66 wrote: Like you say Lou, I think it is a lot worse than we first thought. :?
Just had my last catch up and walk up a hill with my Paramedic mate. From the info coming from the Italians, which is going to help us greatly, it looks horrendous.

I thought it would be bad, but its very much so, esp if your over 60. When we get to the other side of this our world is going to be quite different.

I am in that group so just hoping I will get to see my mate on the other side. Try your best to avoid it and don't have an accident in your workshop as if it gets very bad

there may a shortage of help in the A&E. My chum is a very experienced so there is talk of moving them into the hospitals as they can save more lives there.

These are scary times and like looloo I wish you all the best of luck.

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Kegsti66 wrote:Does anyone think we had the start of this around Christmas? I do.
Like you say Lou, I think it is a lot worse than we first thought. :?

I wondered that too mate.
At the start of Feb I had a real nasty cold for a couple of weeks, high temp and gungy sore throat, caught it off my mate Jim as he had it when I went to help him fix his MG door lock. He'd just come back from holiday in Spain..
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Trouble is there seems to be an all or nothing mentality, people are locking themselves away or carrying on as normal.
Local smaller shops are as before, people shopping without seemingly any changes.
Then whole industries going on lockdown, how some will survive I have no idea.
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

LooLooSud33Spider

Kev. Sound to me like you may of had it certainly all the symptoms stack. If you have then try to get checked Kev you may have some of the antibodies
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Does now make me wonder Lou, I'm always catching colds so didn't think anything much of it really until now.
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Some small mercy from the madness, apparently no more Eastenders being filmed....

LooLooSud33Spider

Well that alone makes if all worthwhile .
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Result with EastEnders .
I hear Diane Abbott has cancelled Holby city and casualty so the staff can help with the crisis.....