One for Ade or Kev

Veesix75

One for Ade or Kev

Post by Veesix75 »

junior

Re: One for Ade or Kev

Post by junior »

Most surprised at how poor that looks. I wonder how much is down to the colour.

Atleast most of the car is there !

rsfruitbat

Post by rsfruitbat »

I would love a Sprint rally car but not for £5k. Some of the prep looks good.
Only Sprint i have ever seen rallying was dark blue and driven buIlt Mike Buckler from Gatwick Alfa. Perhaps Bryan or Tom know more?
If anyone is interested then be aware it was built to regs 15 - 20 yrs ago.
As a starting point the seats harnesses fuel tank andfire extinguishers will all need replacing. Suspension would probably all need refurbishing but it has got a rear anti rollbar
Rally car logbook is being replaced by Rally car passports. If you don't get a passport before the end of 2018 then new regs come into force meaning roll cage modifications. You may even have to remove the lightweight panels.
Blurb says it's a 1600, has it got a 1700 crank orblock? crank is supposed to be steel! being a 1600 you will be up against cars putting out in the region of 200+ to be competitive
it also saysits got a LSD.be interesting to know which type. I've found plate diffs can be a handful
If anyone does want to take the plunge. If i can be of any he!p then let me know.

If it was a grand may be £1500 i could be interested. £5000 with then having to pay another £2k+ to sort it out? Seems way overpriced

Rsfruitbat

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

I think the days of something like this going for a grand are long gone, that pile of rust crumbs masquerading as a sud just sold on eBay for 400.

rsfruitbat

Post by rsfruitbat »

No MOT but looks a decent shell. How much is a decent shell worth? If you want it for a road car you need to strip it all out.
As a Rally car there's much cheaper ways of starting and being more competitive. You could go down the historic route but basically you would then need to put it back to period mods.

Money could be in the steel crank and the lsd but I would want some assurances that were actually fitted. Unless you are dealing with the bloke that built it I would be sceptical. I have had it before when I've been told its got this that and the other and when you start checking the story changes.

I think it might be a better basis for a racer???

I just think £5000 is a lot. What would you pay for it?

Rsfruitbat

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

It would break up for more than a grand.

junior

Post by junior »

The other thing is what would you buy instead ?

Anything else that I find interesting is above three grand . Most of it a lot more than that. :lol:

rsfruitbat

Post by rsfruitbat »

Veesix75 wrote:It would break up for more than a grand.
Agreed but most people don't want the aggro of breaking a car.

rsfruitbat

Rally sprint

Post by Rally sprint »

Hi , I have recently bought the sprint rally car and am working my way through it and am glad to say it is mainly rust free and seems to have all the parts on it as described. Hopefully will have it rally ready later this year just needs everything going through but has decent spec and should be a fun car.
Love the forum great info on here , am after a series 1 grill if anyone has one for sale cheers Michael.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Welcome Michael. It looked a decent shell in the pics but you never know until you get close up.

What spec is the engine, any idea yet ?

Three was a grill on eBay a while back but not seen one for a while.

Start your self a new thread in the race car section and post us all some pics .

Rally sprint

Post by Rally sprint »

Hi , thanks for the welcome, the engine is as described as far as I can tell there is some paperwork for the car including rolling road graphs it certainly seems to go well, also has a jack knight lsd which is quite aggressive!! And lots of other good stuff , always been a fan of Italian cars mainly fiat's ,have a X1/9 and been into rallying for years so had to buy the sprint always loved them.

Rally sprint

Post by Rally sprint »

A pic of the car from back in the day.
Attachments

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Great pic, I’ve started you a new thread here in race cars...... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2529