general chat thread

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
Kegsti66

Re: general chat thread

Post by Kegsti66 »

Cheers Tim, I had heard good reports for the Goodyear F1.
Maybe see if I can find a good deal on some. ;)

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

Avon ZR's are a good spec and price. One of my customers was cheaper than Black Circles.

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Thanks Tony, thats a couple I can enquire about then.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Have a look on here, are yours 17 or 16 inch? https://camskill.co.uk/m54b0s0p0/Car_Ty ... _-_17_inch

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

Kegsti66 wrote:Thanks Tony, thats a couple I can enquire about then.
Plus don't forget the Pirelli offer for AROC members.

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Our pup that we've had for 2 years now loves to watch the Guinea pigs, spends all day watching them, don't know what would happen if she got to them? Probably lick them to death!

Thought it's make a nice pic..
Attachments
CIMG1193.JPG
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Cute, have you still got the cat?

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Kegsti66 wrote:Cute, have you still got the cat?
Yes mate, going a bit senile and forgetful but she's still here.

Took her ages to accept Pup was here to stay but eventually she did learn to tolerate her, then when Pup got a haircut she didn't recognise her anymore so the taunting and hissing began again! Was funny, Pup did look a lot different though.

She didn't think much of the Imp at first acquaintance either :lol:
Attachments
IMG_20160423_130131949 (2).jpg
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

005.JPG
Seen today at Bianco Open Day.

junior

Post by junior »

Looks smashing and the paintwork looks excellent.

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

I used to enjoy watching Cricket on the TV, one day stuff rather than a test match, haven't the time to sit there for days on end watching a draw.

Caught the end of the World final tonight, England vs New Zealand.

If anyone hasn't seen it, or heard the result, watch the highlights. Most drama you'll see on a sporting field, ever 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

LooLooSud33Spider

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

It was a fantastic match. TBH whilst I’m chuffed England won both teams played superb cricket with sportsmanship and class
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

NUALFAMAN

Post by NUALFAMAN »

Yep got to agree Kev, I have never watched cricket on tv before but was at the mother in laws and didn't know where to be, in the kitchen was the tennis and the living room the cricket, ended up watching the cricket with 12 overs to go, awesome drama but could have so easily gone the other way.
That following the British GP I had watched in the afternoon and then went home to watch the cycling (tour de france). Good job I had the weekend off.
Alfa Romeo 33 (907)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta (940)

NEG

Post by NEG »

Shamelessly stolen from Pistonheads, great short video of two ‘rat’ Alfa’s.....instead of worrying about the paint on my x19 I may fit some short springs to lower it and remove the thick lip bumpers....hmmmmmm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 2yhdU3DYYU

junior

Post by junior »

NEG wrote:Shamelessly stolen from Pistonheads, great short video of two ‘rat’ Alfa’s.....instead of worrying about the paint on my x19 I may fit some short springs to lower it and remove the thick lip bumpers....hmmmmmm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 2yhdU3DYYU
Well stolen ! :D The coupe I do not like the holes with no headlights, but the 1300ti looks great to me. Was at Ian Ellis's one day when he had just finished a hot rod and it was super . Wonder if it was that one.

Also years ago he had one that a chap could not get to run. He bought it, found the fault and said 'come sit in this car' It was very original inside, just loverly and then he turned the key and the moment the engine turned it started.

I thought he had warmed it up especially, but no it did it again just before I left and it was not a warm day. Not seen a seventies car ever do that before or since.

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Great story, loved the video. I also love the 1300 ti. That was the one Lauren got a great shot of at Goodwood.
Both sound great razzing around.

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Ah yes, the "compare and contrast..." with Des Clare's immaculate Super. Both great looking cars, in their own way 8-)

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

IMG_0003.JPG
Been playing about with my Mito. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0002.JPG

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Carbon coil packs?

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

Spacenut wrote:Carbon coil packs?
Ha Ha not quite Lauren cut them out from a free sample of a sheet I was sent ages ago. Half hours work.

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Great little midweek night out tonight, local rotary club had put on a talking evening, brilliant to meet two motorbiking greats.

Steve Plater who if you follow bike racing you'll know, or more recently from TV coverage of stuff ike the TT was having a chat with what must be the most determined guy ever to throw his leg over a bike, Ian Hutchinson.
For those who don't follow bike racing look him up. At a BSB meeting at Silverstone in 2010 racing in the superstock class his leg was all but severed in a crash, doctors insisted there was no leg left to save but he insisted they didn't amputate, this whilst in the helicopter to emergency surgery.
His comeback to win at the TT again is incredible.

To say he walks with a limp is an understatement, but walk he does. And ride bikes incredibly well.
Great to meet them, got a book signed by the pair of them. Plater only lives local anyways, went to the same school as the Mrs, down to earth guys who rode for the love of it without earning mega money.
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Hutchie is such a great guy.
Awesome rider and just an inspiration. Never giving up, and such a modest person.
Hasn't the gear shift been moved to the other side on his bikes, along with a thumb operated rear brake? 8-)

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Yes, he can only change gear with his right foot now as his left one doesn't work, it's just fused in place.
Once he'd left Boston tonight he was catching a ferry to go to Italy to Rossi ranch, got a bike converted in his van. Just run a shaft under the bike across to the right side, which of course means you don't use right foot for rear brake.
He's been using a scooter brake lever on the left bar he said but wasn't powerful enough. One of his mechanic mates works for the pata yamaha World Superbike teams who use a hand operated rear brake so he's borrowed it, on the strict instruction not to crash it!
Reckons he likes it that much it's not going back

He's a top fella, never seen him outside of the paddock before, seems like he's got it all figured out.
Still don't know how he manages the pain though.

Like when he said he shouldn't have been at the North West as he needed a bone graft in his shin as the bone was rotten. Made himself a cast as the plaster one was too big for the leathers. His cast he could take off as was clipped at the back. His team got to hear about one night when he took the cast off and put his feet up on the coffee table and his shin bent like a banana as there was no bone to speak of..... This whilst competing....
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

If anyone tried logging on today to be greeted by an "account blocked" message then don't panic, we're still in business!
It wasn't anything more than a glitch in some domain names we were toying with originally using (we bought the rights to flat4orum but thought that was too obscure and might not get the users we desired) which through lack of use the host had a clean up and our name got deleted in the mix up, we are still paying the monthly bills, honest :)

Having said that though and if anyone got panicky that their favourite, and free to use ;) , forum may disappear there's always the donations page ;)

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2243

As regular and longer serving users will know we (shrew/petrolhead and myself) created this free to use without adverts forum for the use of car enthusiasts like yourself if you're reading this. Whilst it's not exactly worrying the FT index as far as revenue go it is still purely done for free to you guys at our expense, so although we would shy away from asking a monthly or annual subscription like others do we would very much appreciate any donation, however large or small, that will go a long way to ensuring the future of the forum. And save us emptying our pockets so much!

Thanks guys, Kev & Shrew. 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

Kev,
Yes happy to make a contribution.....
but no idea what a reasonable figure would be?

Cheers
Dave

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Any donation will be gratefully received Dave, people have sent £10 or £20 before, some more than that but it's all voluntary so whatever anyone feels the value of the forum to them to be.
No pressure on anyone to donate of course. but as I said, every little helps to ensure our long term future. Daft thing is that the more popular we get the more it costs us to run each month with webspace, but that's a small price to pay for the success the forum has become 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

Just sent a score.....
out of small acorns grow mighty oaks!

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

I think I meant to say.....
many hands make light work....or something like that

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Very, very much appreciated Dave 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Thanks for the timely reminder Kev - just sent a little something for the coffers. This forum is such a great resource, it is well worth supporting.

Lauren

PS - I agree, Flat4orum is only likely to appeal to VW Beetle owners and the Flat Earth Society. Classic Alfa Forum does what it says on the tin, and has been established long enough to gain traction on search engines. Why change a good thing?