Re: Matts old White P4

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Yes "her indoors" has spoken
Due to my new business not going as planed and I haven't earned any money for 4 months, but have rather huge "out goings with the unit and machinery (Hats off to all of you who've taken the plunge) I have been told that I have to "get rid" of some of my cars.
The Lancia Monte Carlo went last week - now its either the 33 P4 or the 75 3.0 V6

Given the choice I would like to keep both BUT times are hard so here goes.

The 33 will have a new clutch, water pump, Cam Belts and rubber fuel hoses before I let her go - I think she's worth £5000 at least

The 75 - well I had a new gearbox in her (£1300) and a new crankshaft seal and there's a great write up in Modern classics about her against a merc 190 cosworth - we all know who won and I have an untouched copy of that mag to go with the car.
As the value of these have gone up a lot lately and not being greedy think she should be priced at £7000 BUT I have promised the original owner first dabs on her if the 33 doesn't sell.

Please don't buy any of these cars but order you new aluminium Bi fold doors and windows from me :D

Obviously I would rather sell to people here than "other sites" so any offers considered
H

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Ebay listing ended, lots of views 19 watching but no offers
I'm going to relist her in a few weeks but she is still on car & Classics.
I really think she's worth the £5000.00 but if anyone wants her for £4500.00 ONO PM me and maybe we could do a deal.
This offer hasn't been offered to anyone else and I would still state that she was sold for the full asking price if asked.

Thanks
H

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Ok What am I doing wrong ????
This is a great car and well worth the asking price - are 33's that unloved ?? its only 2 years younger than my 75 which is on the upwards of £9000.
I haven't earned anything thing since trying to start my own business since February and need some cash (the Lancia sold for £6000)
Any tips on selling - I don't want to go no reserve but feel it maybe the only option.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I don't think that 33's are unloved, and i don't disagree with evaluation of the car either.

I think to many folk, the asking price is a bit of a surprise, not because its unrealistic, but because they don't come up for sale much at all, so the hike in values isn't as mapped and witnessed as with many other cars.

Don't forget how niche 33's are, let alone a P4 version, its a very small fan base in all honesty, and is always going to be a tougher sell than many other models, and as we all know those other models are still lagging behind many rivals in the marketplace as it is.

Keep plugging away at it mate, and just make sure you have it as exposed as possible with the best and most detailed advert too, i always find that helps a lot of doubters :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Have you tried it on car and classic ? Still a smaller number of buyers for a 33 but you tend to get a more sensible clientele than eBay.

I've never bought a car off eBay, and the only time I sold one via it put me off for life. Spares and bits fine but not cars.

The other option is whether a classic trader might take it on the chance they can turn a profit ? It is rare being a p4 so you never know.

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

She didn't sell on ebay even for the reserve of £3500 so is staying put unless some sensible offers are forthcoming.
She is still on cars and classic.
Frankly even though I need the money I'm quite happy to still have her, but it's a long wait now till Spring.But it's one of the best Alfa's I've owned (2 suds ,75 and 156)
This possible is the best Flat 4 combination ever without the torque steer of the two wheel drive cars and with the 16valve 1.7 unit.
So if no one here wants her or on C&C then let me know, if not see you next year at the normal shows.
H

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

This ones just passed her MOT and is also up for sale on facebook

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Anyone you would like to make me an offer over £750 can have the bloody car - Pissed off with arseholes who bid and then pull out.

Be quick I might just set fire to it in the mood I'm in.

Rew147

Post by Rew147 »

Hi was this the car that was on Ebay last week ?

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Yes it was

Rew147

Post by Rew147 »

I understand your frustration can be a nightmare selling cars!! I am tempted to buy for spares have recently bought a P4 from Shrew it looks to good to break though

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Had a unexpected phone call last night and this morning was £1050 better off
Means I'm £2500 short but I'll learn not to do things that I'll never get back.
Bloke really happy (I should think so) but seems keen so hope to see her around

Rew147

Post by Rew147 »

I should think he was happy too!