GT Junior Rebuild Thread

KevJTD

Re: GT Junior Rebuild Thread

Post by KevJTD »

3 is just crazy!

i found this on VJM when i did that, someone had fitted a full sill over the top of the original, not just a skin sill!
metal on the step was better that they'd put over the top :lol:
Attachments
repairs257.JPG
repairs258.JPG
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

rcollie

Post by rcollie »

Time for some more pictures!

A Post repairs:-
P6290001.JPG
P7150004.JPG
Middle sill first:-
P8040006.JPG
Then the B post repair:-
P8060008.JPG
Outer sill to finish the job:-
P8150009.JPG
Passenger sill complete and now the car doesn't bend in the middle!

rcollie

Post by rcollie »

Next I wanted to get the trailing arm mounting tied back onto the sill with a new jacking point. A bit of plating was required first after I removed the remains of the old jacking point.
P8230012.JPG
P8230013.JPG
This is a view from the inside looking down on the new jack point, this is underneath the rear seat:-
PA020001.JPG
Up to now i have been keeping the car on four wheels to keep everything straight and true, once I get the other jacking point on I will be ready to remove the the rear suspension and put it on axle stands for the rest of the restoration. But first i want to do the rear arches and wings.

rcollie

Post by rcollie »

SO now we move onto wheel arches. A tricky one this, coupes come in early low arch form and later high arch. A subtle difference that is hard to spot unless you are looking for it. Mine is an early step front with the low arches. You can by wings, half wings and outer arch repairs for both styles but you can only buy inner wheel arches for the high arch cars. My passenger arch was very far gone so there wasn't much I could use to copy and fabricate myself so I took a chance and bought a high arch panel to see if I could butcher it to fit, which I managed by cutting into 7 bits that followed the profile of the new half wing:-
P9050014.JPG
P9050015.JPG
As that was so easy to do and the shape would be hard replicate myself I am going to buy another repair panel for the other side.

After that I have just been fettling the line of the boot floor where it meets the wing and the rear valance and I have fabricated a couple of new bumper mounting brackets that needed welding to the floor before I fit the valance. I scored a nice piece of steel of the right thickness with a couple of bends init from the scraps bin at work that made this quite a bit easier.
P9270016.JPG
P9270017.JPG
P9270018.JPG

rcollie

Post by rcollie »

I love the letters N.O.S. Recent spot on ebay was a batch of old 105 series panels and they were only an hour away in Barrhead, I was over there like a shot with a wad of cash.
P9270019.JPG
The two T shaped parts are the structure under the front floor sections, on the drivers side this is also the mounting point for the clutch and brake pedals and the brake master cylinder - mine is a cable clutch. These are available as repros in seperate parts but one part is made for a spider and is meant to need modification to fit the coupe - I won't have that problem with my NOS!

The other panel goes across the car, between the sills and over the transmission tunnel. This is not available as a repro part and this will save me a huge amount of time as I was intending to try to reproduce the various pressings when I repaired mine.