Hub Swap?

PETROLHEAD

Hub Swap?

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi chaps

Is it possible to swap my 3.0 qv 5 stud hubs and discs, for the 4 stud from a 2.0 ts, or another model/car?

I have some aftermarket wheels that are 4x98 pcd so im just looking at my alternatives other than redrill, adaptors, new wheels etc.

But i wondered if the driveshafts splines, bearings etc were compatible 3.0 to 2.0?

Thanks in advance
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Simonsud

Re: Hub Swap?

Post by Simonsud »

Yes but a step backwards and lots of money in new 4 stud discs and brakes

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I'm not worried about one stud less from a wheel mount strength point of view, lots of cars with similar weight and more power cope with just 4 studs.

more concerned that the 5 stud hubs might have had different size bearings or different splines and shafts dimensions?

so they're a straight forward swap are they Simon?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Not saying I know all the answers you might need every thing from a 4 stud model but easiest thing to do is find out part numbers for wheel bearings to see if they use the same ones , then you will know that you can just swap hub flanges and hope brake disc off set and sizes are the same