My old sprint

Andrew Fitton

My old sprint

Post by Andrew Fitton »

After having a brush with the C word, which was hopefully caught early I’ve changed course a bit so if it happens again I don’t saddle my loved ones with stuff and I’m spending more time with the kids.

To this end the old Alfasud sprint hill climber which was half disassembled (badly) by me needs to go. If anyone wants it, it’s free but in Northumberland. Let me know. Be in no doubt it’s a none runner and really a ground up resto or parts at best so I’d only recommend to someone who has a lot of time and/or space and skill.

It’s a 33 1.7 motor and I’m told an early sud ti gearbox which Charlie Skinner rebuilt some time ago.
Alfasud sprint 1.7
Mazda MX5 NA

LooLooSud33Spider

Re: My old sprint

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

Hi Andrew. So sorry to hear about your situation. Can you post some pictures etc. regards. Louise
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

Is the gearbox 5 speed?
If so, I would buy it, and can collect.

Andrew Fitton

Post by Andrew Fitton »

Here are photos of it. When I say dismantled it’s all there, I just think it will all need to come apart. I dropped the engine to rescue the bulkhead which is now sound and the engine is back in and I’m reattaching the plumbing. I just think it will need a rebuild.

For the avoidance of doubt it’s free, gratis to members of this forum and genuine Alfa enthusiasts. But I sincerely hope someone will come forward who can restore it. I am not selling or donating parts off it.
Attachments
IMG_0017.jpeg
IMG_0016.jpeg
IMG_0013.jpeg
IMG_0018.jpeg
IMG_0019.jpeg
IMG_0023.jpeg
Alfasud sprint 1.7
Mazda MX5 NA

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

OK, understood.
From your first post, I thought it was a parts car.
Clearly, looking at the photos, it isn't!!

justsuds

Post by justsuds »

Sorry to hear of your health issues Andrew, - I would be interested in the Sprint, - but it looks to good to have for nothing, I've tried to pm you this morning but the message wouldn't send, I got a message saying you can't receive pm's.
Cheers, John.

LooLooSud33Spider

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

Andrew. I agree with John on the “free gratis” front. Surely it’s worth a cheeky EBay listing. You should get a decent price for it And certainly too good to break for parts
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

That does look nice, and I agree fully wth John it's too good for a freebie...looks like it still has a safety devices cage in too? I'm sure John would ad it to his collection of track cars :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Andrew Fitton

Post by Andrew Fitton »

Not for eBay. I’ve carted that thing round the U.K. with insufficient skill to get it properly sorted. I’ve paid thousands to have a new motor put in it as the 33 motor it has when I got it was wrecked and had the gearbox rebuilt. It doesn’t work yet but frankly I’ll be damned if it’s going to some chancer on eBay and, have you seen some of them? That’s why I’m posting it here as you folks know these cars. I’m just hoping to find some soul who will take it and make it work. I’m a sentimental old soul and I’ll sleep soundly on my bed if I know it’s been restored and used for what it’s built for and not appearing as a thousand bits at various shows and internet auctions - not at least without someone trying first.
Alfasud sprint 1.7
Mazda MX5 NA

Andrew Fitton

Post by Andrew Fitton »

My pm’s for some reason were knocked off (by me) but I’ve put ‘em on again now.
Alfasud sprint 1.7
Mazda MX5 NA

justsuds

Post by justsuds »

Hi Andrew, - as per my post I'm interested in the Sprint, and not for nothing, where are you in the Northeast ?I've a suitable truck, and self employed so can come any time. My mobile no. is 07932 750976, - save going through pms.
Thanks, best regards John.