33 Free to good home

LooLooSud33Spider

33 Free to good home

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

I’ve now almost finished breaking my old 33 racer 😭. To this end I’m offering the bare shell FOC to anyone that wants to come and pick it up (you can even Borrow ! My trailer to take it away ). The car is a late M reg. And is believed to be one of the last 33 16v to be sold by alfa GB. This is not a rusted out old racer and really is to good to scrap but it has to go ! If I get no interest then that’s what will happen within 2 weeks. As you can see it been heavily modified over the years. It would need doors, bonnet, tailgate, front wings, front radiator support panel and a pair of rear arches if you wanted to put it back to std bodywork. Alternatively you could get one of Bob Wrights integrale kits (that what I had on the car) The car comes with a clean title and I have the log book in my name.
This shell would make a great track day car again. I’ve yet to remove the suspension as I had to keep it rolling to get it on the trailer but now that’s done I’ll be removing the last few bits and pieces over the next week or so. I’m keeping the cage as it’s actually a sud cage and may now end up going in my sud.
As I said this will be a totally BARE shell (does include front screen) and is FREE. But im sure a donation to Shrew or Kev towards the Forum costs would be greatfully received
E28C1B8F-6417-4DE7-A0F2-92F7C4B670FD.jpeg
EF12313A-5CCD-4540-9573-DF25E14CBABF.jpeg
Whilst I’m saying it’s a bare shell following items will be left on. The steering column, Front windscreen which is not cracked the fuel filler neck and rear lights
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

KevJTD

Re: 33 Free to good home

Post by KevJTD »

Somebody ought to need this, surely?
Even if it only gets chopped up for repair sections that's better than being crushed.
I'm in the same boat as you Lou, not enough space to have everything. Resisted buying a Y10 turbo for the same reason.
The windscreen is worth having if nothing else, assuming it could be taken out.
But Ade, a spare 33 shell??? Surely mate...
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

And a kind offer re funds Lou, piggy bank very low on that score just now. Shrew and myself chatting about that last week.
Reminds me, must sort that out.
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

Just hope it didn't end up scrapped!

LooLooSud33Spider

It’s not gone yet Dave but as soon as I’ve got the last few bits off I want it gone. I’ve had no interest So sadly it looks like it won’t be long
The other option is I leave it as a rolling shell the front suspension has coilover front struts fitted with Konis sport inserts, Bespoke adjustable top mounts. The rear axle is fully nylon bushed with Sud discs. I’ve removed the rear konis and springs but they could be re fitted.
Obviously it could no longer be completely free. If someone wants to make an offer on that basis then get in Touch.
Lou
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

LooLooSud33Spider

One last Chance for this shell. I did have one interested party but he’s now decided against it. So Sadly as I can’t even give it away this shell will be crushed later this week.
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

Maybe an ad on Car & Classic (free!) might bring a response......and some money?

LooLooSud33Spider

Tbh Dave I’m just fed up now and I want it gone. I’ve even offered use of the trailer thats it’s sat on but to no avail. Lou
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

rsfruitbat

Post by rsfruitbat »

Such a shame Lou but can completely sympathise with the predicament your in.
I hope someone finds the space to save / store it.

Rsfruitbat

LooLooSud33Spider

It’s only got a few hours left I’m afraid. If it’s nice tomorrow I’ll be taking on its final ride. I’ve tried my hardest but I can’t even give it away it’s even got a V5 and clean title in my name. The shame is that it would need almost no structural work to be put back on the road. It’s all cosmetic.
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

LooLooSud33Spider

Sorry guys I really tried but Sadly this shell has now passed to the other side. (can post a pic if you all need a good cry)
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

Did you salvage the screen?

LooLooSud33Spider

No Dave I didn’t I was at the “I don’t give a Sh17 anymore” stage I just wanted it gone. Such a shame as it was a really solid shell that only needed some cosmetic work. Structurally it was very sound. I really did tried my best to re home it to no avail. But it’s now history so onward and upward.
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

rsfruitbat

Post by rsfruitbat »

In deepest sympathy

Rsfruitbat