ALFA ROMEO 159 2.4 JTDM LUSSO

PETROLHEAD

ALFA ROMEO 159 2.4 JTDM LUSSO

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi all

up for sale is my eldest lads 159, which is a 2.4 JTDm 210bhp Lusso.

is an 07 model, with 99k on the clock, and lots of history and spec.

its been largely unused for the last 2 years, my lad being a plumber needed either an estate, which i got him, and on many occasions got a works van too.

it only had a few hundred miles put on to a new clutch kit, dual mass flywheel, auxilarry belt set, bottom pulley etc before it went into quite a hibernation!

in this time, to cure a poor idle that had developed, a commonn 159 complaint, we had the top end of the motor pulled apart, tested and inspected, cleaned, refurbished, replaced many parts, and rebuilt. This process included compression test of all cylinders (perfect), test of all injectors and ultrasonic cleaning, replace all genuine hydraulic tappets, completely stripped and refurbished inlet manifold, swirl flaps, egr, dpf delete etc etc

i believe the whole process was way over the top, and a combination of the inlet manifold and dpf clogging was actually the problem all along, but after a small fortune, lots of time and hassle, its all sorted now and better for it. At least dpf will never be a problem again!

The car had fresh mot upon its completion late last year, but is still sitting around largely unused, and although is a cracking car, its surplus to requirements and simply need to be sold .

I'll get some pictures when i have time and a decent day to wash and photograph it, but its the black car with tan leather, and virtually all the toys except sat nav, so heated leather, bluetooth dab radio etc etc.

Its in good condition, no big dinks, scratches or damage, but is 11 years old now so not perfection personified. Interior is lovely, no leather wear and tear at all as i recall, and the exterior washes up a treat. If i could nit pick at anything superficial, i would remark that the wheels have kerb marks and could do with a refurb to be really nice again, but they are very presentable and not heavily damaged or corroded, and the satin black sections on the drivers side B pillar areas of the doors could really do with refinishing, has a stain of some sort on it currently? and one of the chrome effect door handle trims has come away, but we have it and they simply clip/bond on so i'll no doubt get round to these little bits in time.

All in all a great car, with much spent on it recently and largely unused. At 99k miles, its low mileage for one of these motors, and it pulls like a ruddy train!

Essentially, it is this model, spec, and colour of car, and i'd say represents our own very similarly.
159 lusso.jpg
159 lusso 3.jpg
159 lusso 2.jpg

Not being greedy, i'm simply trying to turn it into cash for my lad again, £3500 ono

Contact me in the all the usual ways, pm, email etc etc
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

LooLooSud33Spider

Re: ALFA ROMEO 159 2.4 JTDM LUSSO

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

Has yours got a flat NSF tyre aswell Shrew ?
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

PETROLHEAD

Re: ALFA ROMEO 159 2.4 JTDM LUSSO

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Ha ha!

Id not noticed that,

Better go let it down just to be accurate! :lol:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon