Microfiche Reader

alfasuddriver

Microfiche Reader

Post by alfasuddriver »

I’ve got a microfiche reader available should anyone need one. Back in the 80’s these were used in Alfa Dealerships to find part numbers and view diagrams of parts. Works ok.

Let me know if you want to know more,

Pm or text/phone 07762068704
Attachments
5C0CE725-0CD2-42E0-88A1-EDC9EC1BD098.jpeg

KevJTD

Re: Microfiche Reader

Post by KevJTD »

do you have all the cards with it also?
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

KevJTD wrote:do you have all the cards with it also?
I do have some cards although not a complete set which I’m happy to let go. It’s like a trip to the 80’s viewing these on the reader..

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

I do remember using one back in the day, we had to use one to mix paint. Search for the colour code then read off the gms per colour, paint is mixed by weight rather than volume.
It'd be an interesting thing to have, I'd be interested if nobody else wants it, save it being thrown away!
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

When my daughter was little her favourite thing was looking up parts on the fish and then picking the parts from the store in my father in laws NSU dealership. You can guess how long ago that was. ps - RO80's were awesome cars.

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

KevJTD wrote:I do remember using one back in the day, we had to use one to mix paint. Search for the colour code then read off the gms per colour, paint is mixed by weight rather than volume.
It'd be an interesting thing to have, I'd be interested if nobody else wants it, save it being thrown away!
It’s all yours Kev if you fancy it. Didn’t know you could use it for referencing paint combinations, it would stress me out thinking I’ve got the ratios wrong!

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

Sud 145 wrote:When my daughter was little her favourite thing was looking up parts on the fish and then picking the parts from the store in my father in laws NSU dealership. You can guess how long ago that was. ps - RO80's were awesome cars.
The RO80 had the rotary engine didn’t it? They were very futuristic looking cars I always thought

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

alfasuddriver wrote:
KevJTD wrote:I do remember using one back in the day, we had to use one to mix paint. Search for the colour code then read off the gms per colour, paint is mixed by weight rather than volume.
It’s all yours Kev if you fancy it. Didn’t know you could use it for referencing paint combinations, it would stress me out thinking I’ve got the ratios wrong!

Yes, had cards like these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INMONT-ALPHA ... SwnF9Y6kjP

Remember that it was a task to try and find the right colour, loads of info on those little squares.

The mixing of paint was done, and still is I presume, done on some very accurate digital scales.

You had about 50 or more base colours all on a mixing scheme with little pouring spouts on. You started off on Zero of course then you'd pick the first colour and go to whatever it said, usually to one decimal point in gms, then the next colour to an accumulative figure. Anywhere from 4 to 7 or more colours per mix. One mistake on one of the early colours got compounded as you went along... I used to like mixing it though, until you got the last few drips in it looked nothing like you needed until a good stir was done, sometimes you literally did ad a few drips of a colour...

Happy to get it off you mate, we must make arrangements to get it from you ;)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

Interesting stuff, quite a skill. Yes, let me know when you’d like to collect. They’ll be tea and biscuits thrown in too!

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Sounds perfect :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS