Car Transport Trailer

PETROLHEAD

Car Transport Trailer

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi all

Its coming up to the time that i'll will soon be looking to change my transport trailer.

Its has been brilliant, worth every penny that i invested in making sure i had one of the best around, that i could stretch too at least, and it has done me proud.

I always wanted to be able to take pretty much anything i wanted behind me, regardless of size or weight, and this Bateson 2716 has taken it all in its stride extremely well.

Without ever wanting to stress either the tow vehicle, the trailer, or run overweight of course, the Bateson has a gross/loaded weight capacity of 2750kg, or 2 and three quarter metric ton in other words, and i've always stayed well within it. On the very rare occasion it has worked towards it capacity, it was only for a very short local trip.

At the other end of the spectrum, this trailer is also capable of loading some pretty low and modified track and race cars. Not only is it a hydraulic tilt bed, but also has custom built ramps to enable a very low entry and load angle. it has been the trailer of use for the past 2+ years for the BLS race 33 for starters.

Further modifications beyond the standard trailers are to include the Superwinch 3000 electric winch with long remote lead, and led lighting. I will leave the electric winch and hook up all on it, even though my next one will very likely return me to hand winching for a while at least, and i will also include my current set of 4 straps with alloy wheel strops too, so it will be everything you need to just hit the road and go!

It is a fully galvanised chassis, bed and A frame, fully boarded deck and should last forever!

I am going to be installing 2 x brand new axles to it in the very near future, and prior to being sold of course. The decision was made that rather than service the brakes, hubs, shoes, bearings, hubs etc etc, i could actually replace the entire axles complete, for around the same money if not cheaper, only with the added benefit of brand new suspension aswell!

Not that she is untidy in the least, but i will very likely brighten her up a bit with some fresh galv spray or similar, and she'll really be as good as new :P

The tyres are all good, not done an awful lot if i'm honest, and the 5th spare is good too. I shall probably be refitting the original silver wheels to it, in the hope that my black ones in the photos will be usable on the next trailer.

I am only selling now because i am wanting to step away from the more commercial aspect of trailer transporting, and for the BLS race car and similarly sized Alfa's, and projects, its overkill for me, but someone else may aswell reap the benefit of a great trailer, that tows superbly. It will be forum guys and mates only i hope in the future! :P

It is a 16ft long bed, by 6ft 1" internally wide, and as stated above, it is fully plated and rated at 2750kg loaded.

2016-06-03 12.01.50.jpg
2015-08-31 15.33.37.jpg
2016-02-03 13.55.47.jpg

Versatile as you can see!

There is a guy or two on ebay and similar that want 3k for theirs, but they are ex-rental, possibly flogged a bit, whereas mine has never been used hard or done the moon and back either, and will be completely serviced with brand new axles, suspension, hubs, brakes, bearings etc etc, and be as good looking as i can reasonably achieve without eating into my working week too much, but i'll be asking just £2695 for mine, all done!

pm or email me with interest, i'll be trying to start the overhaul in the very near future.

cheers guys, thanks for looking...
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

KevJTD

Re: Car Transport Trailer

Post by KevJTD »

I have had the pleasure of trusting Shrew to collect many a car with this setup and can confirm, even if just from the passenger seat, that it's a great trailer tov have behind you. My rusty old nail of a trailer I had sounded like you were dragging a bucket of spanners behind you!

Nice to see the integrale too, god it looked awful back then! Still does I guess....

Much harder to push the damn thing up his drive than get it on the trailer!
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I thought it might be an interesting picture to use Kev,

but i don't want folk thinking it often had a banger on it! :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

junior

Post by junior »

He is right though it did look absolutely awful ! :lol:

A braver man than me taking that job on. Still it will never look as sad again.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Its in the right hands now eh, thats for sure.

Thanks to the excellent trailer we didnt lose any parts along the way! :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!