eBay Scam?

Tell us all here of any supplier, buyer, or seller, you have had a genuine poor experience with, so that we might all avoid wasting time and money!
alfasuddriver

eBay Scam?

Post by alfasuddriver »

Somethings not right about this seller, zero feedback, free postage on large items, cheap items. I could be wrong, if so apologies. Anyone any experience with this seller on eBay?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/alfa-sprint-gr ... 0675.m4236

junior

Re: eBay Scam?

Post by junior »

Seems to be a lot more dodgy items on e bay. More being shut down as well.

If it looks too good..........

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

junior wrote:Seems to be a lot more dodgy items on e bay. More being shut down as well.

If it looks too good..........
Absolutely.. someone bought a Sprint rear arch repair section and a pair of wing rails (nos) for £50 with free postage off this seller. Hope it’s a real bargain but seems very cheap...

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I hear what you're saying, but by the looks of the photo's, and the other parts they have for sale, they consistently appear to be on a garage/workshop floor, so i would think that the parts do actually exist.

As a business, its surprising how cheap postage and shipping can be once you have a UPS business account for example. They do a flat rate for a monthly commitment type thing, and its ruddy cheap for them too.

The feedback rating and score is potentially a warning, but we all started with Zero at some point, and maybe it is a genuine new account, maybe its a new account because they were shut down for poor selling previously, it'll likely remain a mystery, but if there is something you really want or need, and use ebay and paypal properly, you will at least be fully covered by the money back guarantee.

It can take a little time, too'ing and froing with the odd message, but the system does work, and if you don't get your item, or if you're not entirely happy with it, you are covered for every penny.

Whats the worst that can happen?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

Fair point Shrew. There’s so much deception going on on eBay I’m on high alert these days! The rating of this seller is still ZERO though.

Sprint67

Post by Sprint67 »

Hi all,

Just to say that I purchased and received items from this ebayer.
Two Cloverleaf side air vents as described on eBay add, were exactly as stated and did look to good to be true price wise at the time, but everything worked out fine. ;)

Cathal.

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

This is a pleasant surprise, glad the trader is an honest one after all. Think it’s still worth questioning the honesty of sellers on eBay before you order...thought for the day there...