155 2 litre skinny

NUALFAMAN

Re: 155 2 litre skinny

Post by NUALFAMAN »

Now that looks better.
Those wheels really suit your 155, Could even forgive the green now.
Alfa Romeo 33 (907)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta (940)

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

I like the green. The speed lines look great on the 155, we had a red sport back way back .

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Got the brake compensator fitted without too much drama, was expecting to snap the mounting bolts or some such drama but apart from access being a bit tight it went well.

Fitted new front pads to replace the aged concrete lined ones and we now have a pedal and brakes, bit of bedding in and they'll be fine.

Changed the oil & filter as I've no idea how long ago that was...

Fitted the new front shock absorber to the drivers side, passenger side will have to wait when I'll do the split outer CV boot too....joy!

Did manage to get it outside to wash the thick dirt and green mould off the rubbers, hasn't come up too bad for a quick wash off, a few more washes and a polish and it'll look so much better.

Also gave the car a quick blast around the yard, all gears fine as is everything else. Couple of gauges not working so still a few jobs to do.

IMG_20180804_184156.jpg
IMG_20180804_205756.jpg
Did find another bit of welding to do though in the front wheel arches....

CIMG1067.JPG
CIMG1068.JPG
Deciding now whether to carry on with the 155 as it's not that many days work away from being done or just sheet it over and finish I over the winter ready for next year.
As ever I've other jobs that could do with being done whilst it's warm and dry...
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Well done Kev, you finally got me to get off my arse and work out how to scan a photo !!
I like the colour scheme of your 155, reminds me of my trusty old S2 Veloce 33.
Usual sills, arches and a bespoke filler flap. ;)
Attachments
img004 (3).jpg
img005 (2).jpg

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

The green is growing on me mate, your 33 looks well on a very similar colour combo too 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Dare I say it mate, it was an Aston colour.
I tinted the windows and lights and fitted a nice S3 interior out of a 16v with black carpet. Filler flap was salvaged off a scrap Sud Sprint and I used the filler neck which I heated with a hot air gun to slightly bend it to fit as it was plastic. It was originally the colour of Shrew's new SW.
As you can see , it was also fitted with the nicer early Zender kit. :D

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Well today my good mate Steve who is local to me trailered the integrale up to the unit for me.
I used to work with him but he has for the last couple of years or so given up working full time and just buys and sells the odd car and classic..

So once the 'grale was unloaded he had a look at the 155, he knew I'd got it and I knew he liked them.

5 minutes later the deal was done and instead of him going home empty trailered he has a 155 to finish off and sell on.
I have some cash to keep projects turning and a space in the unit, plus it saves the 155 being stored for another winter as I am now moving onto other jobs...

I'm happy that my efforts in welding the rear end back together has meant the car will be saved rather than scrapped even if I won't see it though myself to the MoT station, I'm sure Steve will have it finished in the next few weeks then it will be ready for the new owner.

Common sense dictates I can't keep them all, funny name for the Mrs that its is...….. :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS