It's a joke surely?

Sud 145

It's a joke surely?

Post by Sud 145 »

Just received my new ins' quote with the company I've been with for five years and no claims in that time. £50 more than last year...£322. Give me your thoughts - 1.8TS.

KevJTD

Re: It's a joke surely?

Post by KevJTD »

I never show any loyalty to insurance companies nowadays mate, had this very argument with them before...like how come you've had my money for x amount of years, I've never made a claim yet still you're trying to charge me more? they seem to rely on us not being arsed to get other quotes and move.

I always do a search on the usual gocompare type sites and pick the best value, not neccesarily the very cheapest as some don't provide stuff like 'screen cover but I never stray very far from the cheap end.
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

and for comparison mate that's about twice what I pay for the 147....

but then you live in the posh end of the country :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Thats a rip off Tony, bin em!

Kevs is about right, by the time we're at, ahem, our age, 150 quid for a regular car is about as cheap as theyll print a certificate for, assuming things like license and no claim discount is all in order as I'd expect it to be.

Compared to my trader policy, you're getting terrible value and service there mate, kick them into touch Tony
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

junior

Post by junior »

I find e sure are not too bad for upping their prices but otherwise fully agree with the above.

Do get the screen cover though as just renewed and then cracked two screens in a month on my Citroen. :(

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

Went old-skool today and walked into a local broker, was dealt with by a young chap who was learning the ropes and he couldn't have been more helpfull - with a bit of input from his manager. The result including windscreen cover (wouldn't be without it) a saving of over £100 all in. Sometimes pays to speak with a real person.

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

£100 well saved mate ;)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Sud 145 wrote:Went old-skool today and walked into a local broker. Sometimes pays to speak with a real person.

Always mate, every time.

I dont trust any of these compare websites at all, they seem to rip off everyone i talk to yet they once believed they were getting the best deal around,

The price you pay for ease of convenience :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon