1500ti restoration.

All things related to Engineering notably more performance from your Alfa Motor, Transplants, Fuelling & Ignition etc
junior

1500ti restoration.

Post by junior »

Hi I am new to this forum but some will spot me from AO.
I am now at the point of making decisions on the ignition. Any advise would be useful before I start buying parts
I am putting a 1700 8v engine in it but only have two scruffy distributors for a 1500 ti engine so while I have a clean slate I would like to get off to a good start.
Thanks,

PETROLHEAD

Re: 1500ti restoration.

Post by PETROLHEAD »

We have a thread on here somewhere debating the new type of smart products such as NoDiz vs Megasquirt ignition controllers, perfect for your sort of build if keeping a 1.7 iv on carbs.

We do have the chance of a discounted group buy too :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

junior

Post by junior »

Thanks a lot. Sadly could not find that thread but will look them up. James

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

junior wrote:Thanks a lot. Sadly could not find that thread but will look them up. James
here you go mate ;)

http://classicalfaforum.co.uk/forum/vie ... ilit=nodiz
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

junior

Post by junior »

Okay. Thanks for that. That all seems very clever, but it would end up looking very different to what would have been there in the 80's

which is why I was interested in the 123 ignition units. They do look the part more unless there is a way of disguising the NoDiz system.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I've seen and heard of the 123 system, but I dont kniw anyone who has tried/used it personally.

The nodiz wouldn't be too obvious except for the ignition coil, which along with the wiring could be hidden away quite well, and the dizzy could be made into a gutless dummy easily enough but ht leads would be a give away I guess :roll:

Thank goodness I can justify performance over originality very easily personally, I dont have any problem there myself :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

i'm still running a points dizzy, slave to originality being one of my many faults :cry:

stupid, i know :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more