Shrew must know this one.

Shout up if you've just seen a Classic Alfa, & find out if they are a member?
Kegsti66

Shrew must know this one.

Post by Kegsti66 »

Just found on Ebay the classic 80's custom "Wolfrace Sonic" is up for sale.
There must be a few of you who remember this machine.
She is looking a bit sorry now.
Sorry, I don't know how to put up the link. It is in the "others" section of classic cars.
Attachments
Wolfrace-Sonic-2.jpg

PETROLHEAD

Re: Shrew must know this one.

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Wow! That is a turn up!

Here it is

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271770778484? ... EBIDX%3AIT

fancy a bid keith? :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

I wouldn't have a clue how to get it running. We would need Lauren on board to sort out all the electronics and dash, and what would you do with it?.
I recall in its day it had niggles and would shut down if one engine ran a little out of sync with the other.
I remember when a guy in my village bought "Interstate six" (do you remember that one?) and it rumbled through the village.
I loved all those wacky creations by Barris, Ray Christopher, Nick Butler, Andy Saunders......and we can't forget John Dodd.
Hope someone can do something with it. 8-)

p.s How do you add a link like youtube or Ebay to a thread ?

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

must admit, never heard of it :roll:

and looking at it......not missed anything!

guess in it's day it was a wacky build?
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Kegsti66 wrote:I wouldn't have a clue how to get it running. We would need Lauren on board to sort out all the electronics and dash, and what would you do with it?.
I recall in its day it had niggles and would shut down if one engine ran a little out of sync with the other.
I remember when a guy in my village bought "Interstate six" (do you remember that one?) and it rumbled through the village.
I loved all those wacky creations by Barris, Ray Christopher, Nick Butler, Andy Saunders......and we can't forget John Dodd.
Hope someone can do something with it. 8-)

p.s How do you add a link like youtube or Ebay to a thread ?

on the page you want to put a link to mate put the curser up into the address bar, left click your mouse and it should turn blue. next right click the mouse and a drop down box will appear, click on "copy"
now back on the CAF thread just left click on your mouse whilst the curser is in the reply box and a drop down box will appear, click on "paste" and the link will appear ;)

almost sounds like i know what i'm doing! took me ages to learn that, and that's about as far as my computing skills go :)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Cheers Kev, will have to give it a try.

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Similar discussion over on the Nova forum.

The car was built to advertise the Wolfrace "Sonic" alloy wheel, like the pepperpot XR2 wheel (a bit boring now).

Car had 2 Rover V8 autos with ignition synchronised via a microcontroller, which in 1979 was incapable of processing all the data quickly enough, so would unexpectedly shut down both engines as a fail-safe. A modern microcontroller should do the trick, with a bit of bespoke software.

The car has two differentials, one for each engine, so if one engine gets out of synch it will try and drive the other.

Even if you could get it running smoothly, the lack of weather equipment would confine it to show-car status. But it does look swish 8-)

Lauren

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

I knew I could count on you Lauren.
I got a poster from wolfrace when it was launched. Ooohh the eighties. :D

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Finally sold for £18,100. :o

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

doh!

just pipped, i went to £18,000!

As if! :lol:

I said to my miss's, once she stopped laughing at it, that i guessed 15-20, so i wasn't bad at that, but it was a stab on the dark really, i mean, what is an outrageous complete one off worth, how do you quantify it?

the sum of parts, the man hours, the rarity, it really all comes down to simply what someone is willing to pay i think, don't you :?:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

I fully agree mate. You just have to want it enough regardless of what anyone else thinks.
I am sure if it gets restored and road worthy it will still draw interest at shows etc.
I would be very surprised if nobody looked at it if it drove through a town centre.
Love it or loath it, it has presents, and it must sound good with two v8's 8-)
It just reminds me of being a younger lad and realising that all cars don't have to be the same.