Hawk Stratos, Southwell Nottingham

Shout up if you've just seen a Classic Alfa, & find out if they are a member?
PETROLHEAD

Hawk Stratos, Southwell Nottingham

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Just a bit of fun really, and no more than i attached below, but once i saw him pull out behind me i had to tease him into passing me.

He possibly thought i was some sort of idiot but it was worth it anyway!

Make sure you have the volume up! :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLbG3KHwWCc
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

junior

Re: Hawk Stratos, Southwell Nottingham

Post by junior »

:D . The only kit car that tempts me to buy one.

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Great clip mate, sounds good.
I still love "the Stig's" lap on Top gear, even though they were rubbishing it . :x

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Yes i agree with both of you.

shame top gear gave it a trouncing, but having said that, i seem to remember it being a little unrelaible, so maybe it wasn't the best example to chose?

but, it certainly wouldn't deter me from building one either, which is a rarity for me and kit type cars .

i do think a hawk stratos with a well sorted gta motor, maybe even something leary like big capacity or forced induction, would be blindingly quick! :mrgreen:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Fiatchris

Post by Fiatchris »

I saw this coming down the A52 the other day! The other half didn't get my excitement!!

Chris

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

When I saw this thread I thought it must have been one of the two that went to Cadwell Sunday...must be more of them about than we thought!
Attachments
CIMG0413.JPG
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

That sounds absolutely fantastic, truly authentic, unlike the rather sick sounding V6 from the TG episode - both before AND after the Stig blew the engine.

If anything, all of the Stratos replicas (Transformer, Allora, Hawk etc.) are just a little bit too authentic, with a well-deserved reputation for biting back at anything but the most experienced driver. No creature comforts, cramped interior, poor ventilation etc. The real car was no better than a kit car in the first place!

I love the Stratos - it was the world's first purpose-designed rally car, although my personal favourite was the pressed metal flatfish Stratos Zero from 1970.

Interesting factette - Lancia wanted fellow Fiat combine Ferrari to supply them with the Dino V6, but Enzo initially refused, so the chassis was planned around the Citroen-Maserati V6 instead, mounted inline like the Merak. As soon as Enzo found out about the plan he immediately offered Lancia the Dino V6 which is what they wanted all along...

Lauren