Supermarket 4!

Shout up if you've just seen a Classic Alfa, & find out if they are a member?
Fiatchris

Supermarket 4!

Post by Fiatchris »

You probably wont believe this, I have to go to a half termly meeting at another school and always stop at Morrisons for lunch, parked in same place (see previous post) and saw this contraption! Cant wait until next time!

Chris
Attachments
DSC_1516.JPG

Sud 145

Re: Supermarket 4!

Post by Sud 145 »

Originally powered by a Villiers 9E 210cc engine, kick start under the bonnet although a lot have been converted to starter motor

Fiatchris

Post by Fiatchris »

Under the bonnet? so you have to lift the bonnet.. stick your leg in and then kick start it? imagine the utter shame of a traffic light stall!"!!
Chris

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

Believe it or not Chris they used these engines in what used to be Class 1V Karts. A mate used to race one they had a 4 speed box, bit like a F1 start only with more on the grid.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Sud 145 wrote:Believe it or not Chris they used these engines in what used to be Class 1V Karts. A mate used to race one they had a 4 speed box, bit like a F1 start only with more on the grid.

I think there are still a lot of the villiers karts around today Tony, very competitive and quick they were too eh :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

justsuds

Post by justsuds »

weren't they fitted with a SIBA dynastarter, - a dynamo that was also a starter, kick start was last resort !
John.