The Only UK Road Legal Example!

Shout up if you've just seen a Classic Alfa, & find out if they are a member?
PETROLHEAD

The Only UK Road Legal Example!

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi all

for full details, you will have to pop over to the purpose made subcategory "Arna Cherry etc" where fingers crossed the owners whom i hope will soon join up, will be posting the cars history etc

But purely by accident i stumbled across a mini meeting in a cafe car park on my travels this morning and came across an absolutely fantastic find.

Some avid show event goers and aroc members will possibly already know the car, but with a little luck we'll soon know a lot more about this rarity.

Believed to be the last road legal example in the UK, i introduce

The Nissan Cherry GTi

2015-09-06 10.12.22.jpg
2015-09-06 10.11.55.jpg
2015-09-06 10.12.38.jpg
2015-09-06 10.13.07.jpg
Attachments
2015-09-06 10.15.40.jpg
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

alfachris

Re: The Only UK Road Legal Example!

Post by alfachris »

Nice

Fiatchris

Post by Fiatchris »

That is very cool. Good spot.

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

i can remember selling those as used cars back in the early 90's. we had a few through the garage where i worked, always thought they were an odd mash up. nothing in the right place or order :D

nice to see one in fantastic condition. there was one at NAD 2010 but can't remember if that was an arna or a cherry, probably an arna or it wouldn't have gotten in!
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

KevJTD wrote:there was one at NAD 2010 but can't remember if that was an arna or a cherry, probably an arna or it wouldn't have gotten in!
I thought it was an Arna, but it was silver with bright green seat inserts too, same car? Wasn't it entered in the concours (that you won) by Dave Hood?

Agree it was a bit of a poor mix - Nissan had a reputation for rust that was worse than Alfa at the time! But somehow I quite like the Arna...

Lauren

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I think it was rebadged with the Arna livery to be eligible under usual AROC scrutiny to enter i think the story goes.

a very deserving car i think, shame there were a few cocked noses on the day i believe! :roll:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Probably the same marque purists that don't consider the Alfasud to be a true Alfa because it was FWD and designed by an Austrian. I could say the same about post-Fiat takeover cars, but obviously these are beyond reproach otherwise the club management wouldn't be given access to free press junkets :roll:

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

petrolhead wrote:I think it was rebadged with the Arna livery to be eligible under usual AROC scrutiny to enter i think the story goes.

a very deserving car i think, shame there were a few cocked noses on the day i believe! :roll:

Cocked noses ?? Really :shock: :shock:

Yes the badge was an Alfa ti.

Here it is. :geek:
Attachments
17.07.2011Helen's camera 354.jpg

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Great find shrew 8-)