Posting Images

Having a Problem? Post it here for regular checking by the Admin Team
BS25

Posting Images

Post by BS25 »

Hi,

Not really an issue but what's the best method for posting images without having to use a site like photobucket? I'm sure its obvious but I'm not finding it!

Thanks in advance!

Bryan.

KevJTD

Re: Posting Images

Post by KevJTD »

hi bryan, nice to see you and dad on here 8-)

for uploading the pics follow these steps,

click on the tab "upload attachment"

next click on "browse" tab next to the box with filename etc. (i don't try and find the filenames of my pics, i'm not that good at this computer lark!)

this should bring up a pop up box which will allow you to select pics from your computer or any device that's plugged into it, be it camera or phone, whatever. finding files the usual way as you would.
once you have the file/pic you need click on the "open" tab in the pop up box.

you should then be back at your original post

simply then click on "add the file" next to where you previously clicked to browse

the pic will be uploaded directly to the post then. simpler, easier and quicker than photobucket links.

it does take a few seconds to upload dependant on computer upload speed and file size, you'll notice the little uploading circle at the page address top (well it does on my slow old desktop anyway) so once the file has been succesfully added to your post you'll get the file name/title listed in the "posted attachments" scetion.

we (well shrew and jeff to be accurate) did some work on trying to make uploads simpler than other places do, i get slightly annoyed at following threads and having to click on photobucket or similar links all the time.

hope the process makes sense now mate, and maybe helps others 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

CURRENTLY UNABLE TO UPLOAD! (10am 9.7.14)

sorry guys n gells, this is being looked as we speak.

it could be something to do with a large amount of cyber attacks activity recently, not that we have been virus'ed or anything, but our web space hosting have informed that they are doing some essential maintenance and security improvements to be on the safe side for the future, so it could be that.

i'll report soon if not resolved shortly.
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Sorted!

Although rather encouragingly, it turned out to be that we've used our entire years quota of webspace, between late feb and and end of june :o

Purchased a larger package now, so all good :P

Normal service resumed....
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

petrolhead wrote:Sorted!

Although rather encouragingly, it turned out to be that we've used our entire years quota of webspace, between late feb and and end of june :o

Purchased a larger package now, so all good :P

Normal service resumed....

joys of us exceding expectations, eh mate?

let me know the cost wise mate ;)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Blimey that was quick :shock: