Uploading Photo's

Advice on how to navigate and use the less self explanatory functions on the website
PETROLHEAD

Uploading Photo's

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi all

As it is a little tedious, but important for us to see what were on about a lot of the time, and our beautiful Alfa's of course, i thought i'd write a little How To on the uploading of pictures.

Unlike many other sites and forums, we don't involve a third party hosting such as photobucket, we purchase enough webspace to allow us all to upload directly to our site, and good sized files too, so don't worry too much about resizing most photos, we currently generously allow multiple 2.86Mib files to be added to any post or thread you want them in.

So, first thing you'll need to do is click the Upload attachment button seen here,

underneath where you'd be writing
2016-07-07 14.38.59.jpg

and then you'd see this created, asking you to Chose File
2016-07-07 14.40.08.jpg
press this, and it will automatically open up your pc/laptop's memory where you can then browse around your memory and select the picture you want

click to highlight the file you want, and press open, bottom right, and you'll see the file title or details has now been added to the right of Chose File, and now press Add the file to its right
2016-07-07 14.42.51.jpg
once pressed you'll see its upload progress in the bottom left of screen, like this,
2016-07-07 14.45.38.jpg
and once complete, it becomes part of a list of Posted attachments like this
2016-07-07 14.47.01.jpg
Now simply put the typing cursor where you want the top left corner of the picture to be, and press the Place inline button,
2016-07-07 14.53.33.jpg
and voila, your file will be inserted at that point, and could look something like this!

2015-03-09 14.48.07.jpg

now when you have finished typing and adding files, press the Submit button just as you normally would, and your chosen picture will be included aswell in the position you placed it, and we can admire your beautiful car, and you can bask in the glory of our admiration of both your car and your successful addition of a photo! :lol:

the only slight annoyance is that it always re-centres the screen higher up in the post box, and your picture buttons are always beneath it, so you may have to keep scrolling down for the next stage of instruction once the post becomes a little lengthy.

Give it a whirl, show us what you got! ;)
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

STEVE5M

Re: Uploading Photo's

Post by STEVE5M »

Shrew.....and everybody else,

The problem I always have is that my photos are too large to upload. I have posted a few photos tonight and prior to doing this I was groaning over the prospect of going into a photo editing program to reduce the size of each of my photos. I decided to google and found this brilliant tip for windows users. I can flesh out the detail if anyone asks but here are the headlines.

- place your photos in a new directory
- create a new directory for the reduced photos
- go into Outlook and open a new email
- choose the add attachment option and go to the directory holding the original photos.
- select all of them (or the ones you want to post) using CTRL-A
- Right-Click on one of the photos and select 'Send To..'-->'Mail Recipient'
- you will get a dialogue box like the one below
size.jpg
- you can see the file size for each option you choose
- when you click 'Attach' all files in the directory will be added to a new email, thus...
email.jpg
- select all of the attachments and save them to the directory you created for the reduced photos
- Voila! A bunch of photos you can post without too much hastle.

Rgds,
Stevie
Had: 1974 Alfasud 5M, 1989 Alfasud Sprint 1.5QV,
Got: 1986 Alfetta GTV6
Want: Alfasud 5M, S1 Alfasud1.2 or 1.3Ti

PETROLHEAD

Re: Uploading Photo's

Post by PETROLHEAD »

What size files do you have the issue with?

If its a typical size I'll see if i can relax things a bit :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon