Open short Wobble nuts needed

AlfaCorseChris

Open short Wobble nuts needed

Post by AlfaCorseChris »

Hi guys,

I've been searching high and low (as high as I can reach anyway), to find 16 wobble nuts 12x1.50 for my 75.

I need them to fit AZEV wheels as in the picture, which are a 4x100 pattern on my 4x98mm Alfa 75.

I found loads of them on ebay etc, but they need to be open ones and short, coz these wheels have the cover plate in the middle and it wont sit if the bolts stick out too much.

Does anyone know where I can get a decent set of these ?
A friend brought some from China, but they were very poor quality and they were destroyed and deformed the first time he took them off to change a tyre.

Need the wheel gurus here ;)
Attachments
azev.jpg
azev.jpg (9.53 KiB) Viewed 5004 times

PETROLHEAD

Re: Open short Wobble nuts needed

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I'm not sure there are any here either Chris to be honest, never come across any "open ended" adjuster nuts myself before, but couldn't you do either of the following?

a - shave the tops of a decent set of nuts

b - redrill the hubs to 4 x 100

c - redrill the wheel to 4 x 98

d - do not use studs and hubs, but wobble bolts

e - run without the centre caps

the Azev wheels i have had would lend themselves quite easily to a redrill behind the centre cap with the exception of the threaded lug to resecure ther centre cap, but that could easily be relocated.
DSC_3041.JPG
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

AlfaCorseChris

Post by AlfaCorseChris »

I see...

well to begin with, I suppose I need to check how much clearance I've got when the lugs go into the hole of the wheel.

So what you are saying is redrill the wheel at different locations, not make the existing holes oval, so effectively have an 8 hole wheel ?

I dont know if thats possible mate, if I remember correctly, my wheels arent flat at the back. I think they have legs.
Let me check and get back to you

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Yeah thats what i suggested, but as you say, some wheels arent solid backed so not possible.

Mine were original ATEV rather than the later AZEV, the name change came around 1991, no idea why but maybe they changed their casting source too?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

AlfaCorseChris

Post by AlfaCorseChris »

I'm sorted with the nuts mate, thanks :)

Been over and checked mine, they are 8 hole ones but couldnt remember