75 dip beam headlights

justsuds

75 dip beam headlights

Post by justsuds »

Hi all, both dip beam on my 75 have stopped working, as each side has its own fuse it not a fuse problem, is there a relay in the dip circuit ? or is it likely to be a switch problem ? - I hate electrical problems, they always seem to ages to sort !
thanks, John.

Veesix75

Re: 75 dip beam headlights

Post by Veesix75 »

Gosh, not a lot of response on this one!

I'm certain there is a relay or even those connections on the slam panel, remember having to clean them on mine to get a light to work years ago.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Yes, quiet in here so far isn't it!

need some more guys sharpish.

I tried googling for a wring diagram and got just every model but a 75, but for a 75 every circuit bar lights! typical!

It sounds likely that a relay for both sides, or a bad common earth/feed would be to blame, but looks like old school metering it out is the way forward currently. :(
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

justsuds

Post by justsuds »

well typically Alfa, got the multi meter out and they started working again on Thursday, result of sorts I suppose :)

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Old fashioned technology, but I might have an Alfa dealer workshop manual for the 75 in the loft. It might also be just mechanicals, but I will try and find it just in case.

justsuds

Post by justsuds »

After several months of working / not working, I took it to the auto electrician, - should have done this in the first place, but .... - problem was in the fuse box, it took them 10 minutes to fix ! Now servicing and prepping it for a trip to Spa in 2 weeks time !
John.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

well done John, at least its sorted now eh.

trip sounds interesting, will you be giving us a blow by blow thread? :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon