Alfa Spider Veloce 1988

Johncampbell

Alfa Spider Veloce 1988

Post by Johncampbell »

Hi can anyone help, my 88 Spider sits lower in the passenger side very noticeably. My local garage has inspected and no issues with springs, shocks etc any advice would be welcome. Thanks

PETROLHEAD

Re: Alfa Spider Veloce 1988

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Did they actually measure the spring height/length whilst the car wad sitting oddly?

I've had cars do this before, and if everything else is good, its about the only thing it can be.

Springs can fade off at different rates, and if replaced individually at times in previous life it can surely be responsible, but its odd that its the passenger side thats lowest.
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

junior

Post by junior »

Had a Punto that was too low at the front when I bought it, jacked it up and got my hand in to feel the bottom of the springs.

They had a jagged end to them where a small section had broken off thus reducing the length of the spring.

Now when cycling I am amazed how often I see the bits that have broken off. Good luck. and if one is broken do replace both.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Well, not wishing to suggest your local place is wrong, it's surely got to be a spring or shock, and I'd go with Spring.