Drive it day

STEVE5M

Drive it day

Post by STEVE5M »

I saw so many Classic cars about this morning that I had a little check on the internet when I got home. This is the first I've heard of Drive It Day. I got myself out in the GTV6 this afternoon and had a blast around while clocking a few beauties.

- Lancia 2000
- Viva
- Ford Consul
- Citroen BX
- Golf GTi

Anyone else see any classics?
Had: 1974 Alfasud 5M, 1989 Alfasud Sprint 1.5QV,
Got: 1986 Alfetta GTV6
Want: Alfasud 5M, S1 Alfasud1.2 or 1.3Ti

Kegsti66

Re: Drive it day

Post by Kegsti66 »

Nice one .
Had a chat with a guy at the petrol station the other day with a great BX gti 16 valve. I had one twenty years ago. Just don't see them now. Was a nice car.

Then I went back to Alfas :D

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

I've done a couple of DIDs now - on both occasions went to Brooklands, which is handy because DID is the weekend before Auto Italia so discounted tickets to be had. I certainly support what DID stands for - letting our legislators know just how much the classic car industry puts into the treasury coffers, so we'll have none of that new car nonsense!

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Kegsti66 wrote:Nice one .
Had a chat with a guy at the petrol station the other day with a great BX gti 16 valve. I had one twenty years ago. Just don't see them now. Was a nice car.

Then I went back to Alfas :D
OMG I went from Suds to BX 1.9GTI then Xantia 16 valve and 156 1.8, 156 Sportwagon GTA (very nice) to a renault espace (sorry - bloody kids :D ) then back on the Alfa's :lol:

Not many Bx's or Xantia's on the road now due to VERY expensive suspension :roll:

Mind you even Rolls Royce nicked the idea of (forgive the spelling) hydrolastic suspension :D

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

I would love a bx 16v gti but they are going up in value and hard to find I had a 1.9 carbed bx but kept having near misses in it driving to fast on small lanes and locking up the on off brakes