Sister Site for Modern Alfa's!

Something changing sitewise, important announcements, you'll find it all in here.
PETROLHEAD

Sister Site for Modern Alfa's!

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Ok, here's an announcement i didn't think we'd be making just yet, but in all fairness, i think it has been the overall blinding success of this Classic Site, that has led to this at all, let alone the timing of it,

but after many of you here already also own and drive more modern Alfa Romeo cars, myself and Kev have heard from some of you, wondering if would ever see our way into allowing a lounge or thread to discuss the day to day living with a modern Alfa.

well, never let it be said that we don't listen to our members views and opinions seriously here at Classic Alfa Forum, so we will go a whole lot better than that, and we are now in planning stages of creating a full on sister site, http://www.ModernAlfaForum.com :o

The plan is the have a joint welcome page, whichever site you search for, and from there given the choice of either the Classic or Modern site route. From those choices you will either land here, the home of things Alfa wonderfully older than the 156 era cars, or alternatively the Modern site, for all things 156 era up to today.

The Modern site will replicate the functionality of this site precisley, and be set up in exactly the same way, same software, same layout etc etc, but we may sharpen the visuals a little to relfect its more youthful purpose! :D

Hopefully, there will only be the need for a one time registration to use both sites, so all current Classic members will have full access to the sister site, and vice versa, in the hope that maybe we can cross promote and drive people towards enthusing after and owning simply either more, or just more interesting Alfa Romeo's.

The sister site will be free to join, just as this is, as it will be funded again by Kev and myself once more, believing that we've come this far, and you've all been extremely supportive and positive about everything, so quite rightly we will continue to respond in the best way we can.

JohnBoy and Joe, have very kindly agreed to moderate this new site once its up and running, so they'll be the first ones over there talking gibberish about MP3's, not NGK, and how to best get Dazzle on your Dashboard instead of Polishing your Ports (only kidding! :D ) so please be respectful as always, they will be doing this voluntarily, in their own time, and purely because they wish help run the sites as smoothly as possible.

Plus, Johns gutted he hasn't had cause to ban anyone yet, and thinks he'd stand a better chance finding a victim moderating the GTV lads!

Please be patient, the site won't happen overnight, but as always, we will be doing everything we can to bring it together as soon as possible.

We will announce any updates on this or any news on a pending launch as we have it.

Thanks for everything everyone, and all the best for helping making our site what it is today, and tomorrow.
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Johnboy

Re: Sister Site for Modern Alfa's!

Post by Johnboy »

Glad to be part of the team / family :D
I be leave this will be a great addition and very useful ,as we all drive newer alfa too 8-)
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline
S2 33 cl veloce 16v sleeping
Freestyle superjet jetski

Joe1968

Post by Joe1968 »

Exactly what John has just said ... :)

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

get ready for all the threads on britains got talent and all the usual high profile car related stuff :D

only joking, we're hoping it will be a success and be able to be a bit more diverse than how we envisaged CAF to be.

my thanks also go to jo & JB for jumping on board 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Cheers Kev

There will be no talk of what air freshener or what wax on my watch :evil: :lol: :lol:
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Johnboy wrote:Cheers Kev

There will be no talk of what air freshener or what wax on my watch :evil: :lol: :lol:

you're missing a trick mate, let 'em start a thread and then ban everyone who responds! :lol:
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

:lol:
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

Oh good, I can post threads about my GTV 3.0...although I do consider it a classic! Good work peops!

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

the 916 GTV always was a tricky one for us, does pretty much come under the classic alfa description but is still within the realms of the casual cheap car buyer, not always owned by enthusiasts. like the one i passed today in coningsby, poor thing. it'd been painted black along the V of the bonnet and up the rear quarters and been "improved" by adding one of those TOCA type high downforce rear spoilers bolted to the bootlid. :o

we had to stop somewhere and unfortunately thye didn't make the cut, but i'm sure in time when they are down to just enthusiast owned they will find their place.
after all, the sud was once a throwaway banger/runaround car.......in some minds it probably still is!
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Joe1968

Post by Joe1968 »

KevJTD wrote:
Johnboy wrote:Cheers Kev

you're missing a trick mate, let 'em start a thread and then ban everyone who responds! :lol:

It would take a lot for me to ban anyone ... :lol:

I'm pretty easy going ... :) ;)

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

It's ok, I do appreciate that Alfasuds and Sprints fit into the 'classic' category more convincingly. I couldn't get a classic policy on the GTV whilst I could easily do so on the Sud. Interestingly, the cost was the same!!! I guess that's because my Sud is regarded as 'modified' due to the 1.7 engine.

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

alfasuddriver wrote:It's ok, I do appreciate that Alfasuds and Sprints fit into the 'classic' category more convincingly. I couldn't get a classic policy on the GTV whilst I could easily do so on the Sud. Interestingly, the cost was the same!!! I guess that's because my Sud is regarded as 'modified' due to the 1.7 engine.
lol. insurance companies do come up with some mad quotes don't they.
most weren't interested in actually quoting me on the 145 i had, mind you i did put a fiat coupe 20V turbo lump in the place of the ts :roll:
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Joe1968 wrote:

It would take a lot for me to ban anyone ... :lol: