Can't upload Pictures?

Something changing sitewise, important announcements, you'll find it all in here.
PETROLHEAD

Can't upload Pictures?

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi All

It is with a sweet irony that I can report as having found the problem we are currently experiencing with uploading attachments and pictures.

Yet again we have exceeded our hosting package and website size allowance, and having abrief look at our statistics, i can see why.

Now 300+ strong with members, and averaging over 20 posts and 7 attachments a day, we are essentially growing at a greater rate than we allowed for, and although this does mean purchasing more webspace and domain hosting service, neither myself or Kev are complaining one bit!

We are truly overwhelmed by just how good this forum is, how brilliant its members are, and how we all get along faultlessly without the need to police it from the sidelines in any way shape or form. The forum has grown and grown into what it is simply because we let it do what it needs to do, and is largely driven by its members wishes. Our only regret is not doing it sooner!

So it is with a big wide smile that i can confirm that have arranged for a further expansion to the webspace and site package etc, in fact i've doubled it! :D

This will allow the upload of pictures etc once again as soon as the hosting team apply the new space to our website, so thank you for your patience and your continued contributions.

The CAF Team
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

88liam

Re: Can't upload Pictures?

Post by 88liam »

Hi Shrew, Kev and All,

Tell me to butt out, just my opinion you both working guys,
we all benefit from this forum in one form or the other,
surely a small contribution from members would not be a big ask?

Liam

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

The costs aren't astronomical Liam, but still is a regular monthly fee...certainly less than some folk would spend a month on cigarettes so I know shrew and myself get more enjoyment out of providing the forum than either of us would from blowing the same cash up in smoke..

I did take on board what Chris mentioned on the other thread the other day about getting some stickers made up and selling them on, making a competition to design the official sticker say once a year then having a different one so they could be bought on...at a very small margin to offset the forum costs a little.

Neither of us have ever mentioned to each other about charging a monthly fee to members, this was one of the big no no's when we were discussing the forum some years back before we even got it going - that we would never charge for membership, that's never going to change.
But there may be room to do some little bits like the sticker idea.

If Shrew agrees I don't mind starting a thread/completion for a design and going to see a local print shop who I've used before for the air filter stickers so I know they'd be up for doing a printing run.

Anyone else think it's a good idea?
Would anyone want a car sticker if ne was produced?
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I'm all up for that Kev, sounds a good idea and quite fun too.

Briefly back to the issue, i believe it is now resolved and our new sized webspace is now applied.

I have have to make a small concession in the attachment sizes however, but i feel it won't affect too many of us, but they are now restricted to 3megabyte, which is still enormous just for a jpeg picture file to be honest, but we'll see how it goes and look again at it in the future.

As Kev said, we'll continue to do whatever we can not to have the background financials ever impact on the forum or its members, it will always be that way as far as we can see, so other idea's that can be entertaining and involving too sound fantastic. :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon