Attended the Laughton Country Show......

Forums are great, but lets get together for a natter, a show, or a race or two!
STEVE5M

Attended the Laughton Country Show......

Post by STEVE5M »

I was the only Alfa there. Had a great day plus a drive around the parade ring and a chance to demonstrate my ignorance of all things Alfa. It's not easy when a mic is shoved in your face. The well rehearsed lines just disappear and you end up saying 'errrr, oh, err, Alfa, umm, busso, aah, V6, err, transaxle thing, innit?'
Attachments
image.jpg
Had: 1974 Alfasud 5M, 1989 Alfasud Sprint 1.5QV,
Got: 1986 Alfetta GTV6
Want: Alfasud 5M, S1 Alfasud1.2 or 1.3Ti

Simonsud

Re: Attended the Laughton Country Show......

Post by Simonsud »

I went yesterday and saw your car didn't get a chance to get a close look as wife and two daughters were getting bored of me looking at tractors . Look very nice from what I saw

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Tractors?

Dont tell me,

Little grey fergie! :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

STEVE5M

Post by STEVE5M »

Simonsud wrote:I went yesterday and saw your car didn't get a chance to get a close look as wife and two daughters were getting bored of me looking at tractors . Look very nice from what I saw
Thanks, Simon. I have been to the show many times before but I have to say that taking a car in is THE best way to do it. You can nip back to the car every now and again to take the weight off your feet. Also, entry for the car is free and you can take in a car full of people as well. It was very noticeable at the end that of the 100+ Classic car owners only a few went to the ring. The others headed straight for the exit having enjoyed a cheap day out!

When you finish the sud we should go together and take on the MG and Jensen owners! :D

There is a classic car/bike/steam engine event at The Star, Waldron on 28th September. Will you be there?

Steve
Had: 1974 Alfasud 5M, 1989 Alfasud Sprint 1.5QV,
Got: 1986 Alfetta GTV6
Want: Alfasud 5M, S1 Alfasud1.2 or 1.3Ti

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Most probably not got a busy month goodwood this weekend then London to Brighton offroad bike ride on the 20th so best have a weekend at home with the family !!!