East Mids / Lincs Drive Thru?

Forums are great, but lets get together for a natter, a show, or a race or two!
PETROLHEAD

East Mids / Lincs Drive Thru?

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hello again

Ok, hopefully here's a suggestion of a meet event with a difference.

Some time ago, myself and Kev attempted to get a meet like this going back in the dark ages, you know, "Over There"! lol! but it kinda fell on deaf ears a bit, but no excuse now, plenty of cars out and about, spring/summer is here, honest, so i can't find a reason really for this not to work.

What we propose, is to meet up somewhere, probably Lincs, Newark, Notts way and actually have a bit of a drive out and about from the meeting point, to somewhere such as Clumber or Rufford park perhaps.

We can park up, chit chat, walk around some grounds with an ice lolly if the mood takes, and generally chill, with the family involved too if we do it on a saturday or sunday perhaps?

To follow, because all that fresh air works up an appetite, we move on to a venue just a bit further down the road, called The Big Fish, at the Ollerton island of the A614.

This is probably the best Fish n Chips for a long long way round, they are superb, trust me, everyone i've recommended them too loves it there, and although they have an indoor restaurant themselves, aswell as outdoor tables and chairs, if its still nice and warm, there is a cracking car park and picnic area just across the island, at the Sherwood Tourist Information centre, where we can all park up again, and scoff some grub, maybe even walk it off in the neighboring nature reserve!

And finally when we're all done, we split into our own little local convoys homewards.

How would that sound to anyone?
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Fiatchris

Re: East Mids / Lincs Drive Thru?

Post by Fiatchris »

Depending on times dates etc, this looks good............ the family thing is still a sore point due to the lack of rear seat belts (Lord knows how we all survived being kids in the 70s??!!) but could bring my son, he has an unhealthy interest in Ford Focus STs that needs working out of him,
let me know
OR.... There is the AutoKarna at Wollaton Hall on June the 1st, Alfa normally bring a new trade stand, the auto jumble is fab, particularly for toy cars.... another sad hobby of mine...great family day out

Chris