Lancia Track Day Goodwood

Forums are great, but lets get together for a natter, a show, or a race or two!
Spacenut

Lancia Track Day Goodwood

Post by Spacenut »

A surprisingly busy event this year, for obvious reasons I suspect, but there was such a diverse range of non-Lancias in the pits and on track that some people weren't even sure what event it was!

I met up with my friend Sean who was replacing a wheel bearing on a Fiat Punto and we decided to convoy down to Goodwood in case there were any problems with the repair. The weather was not ideal, with frequent rain showers, but overall the weather could have been a lot worse. Anyway, here's a selection of images from the day...

A lack of protection (from both the elements and a rollover) springs to mind!

Not one for the Puzzle Post, check out those wheels! Technomagnesio perhaps?

One of several Fulvia Zagatos

Boxer engine mutual appreciation society - this is the 1974 2000 with Bosch EFI belonging to the LMC head honcho

Plenty of Alfas both on and off track...

Lovely Aprilia...

The most flattering view of the Fulvia Berlina, which brings new meaning to word "square rigged" :lol:

Flavia 1.8...

Race prepared Aureila B20 waits for the green light...

Flaminia Coupe photo opportunity outside the "Earls Court" pavilion...

This was pretty amazing - a one-off Lancia DiLambda racing car, originally campaigned in Eritrea in 1933. DiLambda is basically two narrow angle V4 engines in line making a narrow angle V8! While the trick on the Aprilia and the later Fulvia was to make the engine compact by shortening the block, here the narrow V8 was intended to reduce frontal area, so less air resistance. Aerodynamic design, pre-war style! There were several vintage Lambda road cars in attendance as well.

Plastic fantastic - fibreglass Fezza meets Nova. Much mutual appreciation, in spite of the Nova giving away four cylinders and 150 bhp!

We headed home at 4pm, but as I was climbing Harting hill at 3,000 rpm in 3rd I noticed a billowing cloud of oil smoke in the rear view monitor. I signalled to Sean and dived into the car park at the top of the hill to investigate, and after whipping out the bulkhead panel we found that I had neglected to tighten the cam cover bolts on the LH cylinder bank!

What I numpty I am :roll:

Still, once I clean off the oil and tweak down the covers nobody other than us need ever know :oops:

Overall it was a really good day, in spite of the early rain.

Lauren

Kegsti66

Re: Lancia Track Day Goodwood

Post by Kegsti66 »

A great selection of photos Lauren, thanks for sharing with us .
Really like the Lancia DiLambda racing car. what a lovely shape. It looks like you had a good day and nice that the Green Machine got a run out and pleased to hear your little issue was straight forward to fix.

junior

Re: Lancia Track Day Goodwood

Post by junior »

Excellent. love the colour scheme on the Aprilia. :D