Road trip to Italy anyone.

Forums are great, but lets get together for a natter, a show, or a race or two!
LooLooSud33Spider

Road trip to Italy anyone.

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

When my Sud is finished I intend to take it on a European road trip to the Alfa Romeo Museo in Milan .
Just an idea and the moment but how many other CAF members would be interested in joining us and making it a social event for the Forum. I'm sure we could plan a superb route Taking in some of the alpine passes and generally enjoying some of the best scenery and not forgetting wine. We Could also look at visiting various circuits on the way down like Spa,Reims,Monza, Imola. As as mentioned it's just an idea at the moment but it could be a lot of fun
Lou.
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

KevJTD

Re: Road trip to Italy anyone.

Post by KevJTD »

When Paul did his trip this summer in his 33 it looked like fun, he did ask me to go in the integrale with him but it's nowhere near ready.

He did speak about tyring to get a few more to go back again, sure he'd be keen.

I might not have anything much ready to go in by next year, 2019 though... :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I've done italy a few times in tbe past for the superbikes, always fantastic and I'd love to do it again!

Beautiful country, great routes too, alps, tunnels, and everything from sunshine to snow, whats not to like?

Oh yes, i remember now,

Milan! :lol:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

It sounds like a really good idea - in fact, I noticed in the AROC magazine (there's no other word for it, frankly) that Ken Carrington is looking for entries for the very last ever "Andiamo a Milano" in 2019, which has got me thinking about exactly this sort of thing. I would want to get a few thousand miles on the clock first though, to iron out any bugs. First priority is to actually get the car back on the road!

But yes, I could be quite interested!

Lauren

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Not opened the AROC mag yet Lauren, could be a target for my integrale to finally be ready by :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

I also like the idea Lou. Good call to test the water.
It would be great if a group of us could do something like this.
As you say, early days, but it shows that there is interest.

NUALFAMAN

Post by NUALFAMAN »

Well I really enjoyed our trip this year to the Italian GP in the 33 and as such have been looking at other places to visit too, so Spa, Monaco (Monaco actually was originally on my route but alas had to get my lad back home to start his new career so had to the route short) but also the Ferrari Museum and test track is not too far from Milan and then there is the Fiat Museum too. Oh and the Bianchi bike factory.
So I would gladly consider doing another run especially with a group of us as it would be a great road trip, and 2019 could suit myself.
Keep us all posted with thoughts etc.
Alfa Romeo 33 (907)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta (940)

LooLooSud33Spider

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

As you can see from the current state of the Sud 2019 would certainly be the earliest I could look at the trip. As I said it's only an idea at the moment to gauge level of interest.
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

I'm liking the sound of this 8-) my aim is for the 33 to be on the road next year. So 2019 would be amazing
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline
S2 33 cl veloce 16v sleeping
Freestyle superjet jetski

Sudman

Post by Sudman »

Hi All
Sounds like it will be a good trip, count me in.
Will be nice for the ‘Sud to go back to the country of its birth !!!!

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi everyone

i think this thread deserves some bumping, and the idea behind it, as proved by Paul, NuAlfaman is a cracker!

So i was running the idea past TimVeesix and Kevjtd earlier today, and although none of them, or i, currently have a suitable car to do it in, we all felt relativley confident that if planned for 2019, its a definite possibility to have a boxer engined car up and running for a big gang outing!

I got home today after a long slog around Lincolnshire shuttling cars and bits around all day, with renewed vigour for the idea, and even spoke to Kev about the possibility of buying another car for the purpose, and so took the interest home with me to speak to the miss's about it.

Now seeing as she's dragging me into the pits of holiday hell (for me at least!) later this year, to the overly hot and sunny climates of Greece, i thought i'd strike a deal along the lines of "I won't moan all day every day that its too hot!" and she allows me to buy /build a suitable car that i tour around europe with her in for 2019's holiday, along with the forum gang of course.

We even got as far as talking destinations and places of interest, so came up with a lose idea of potential route.

Slightly different approach to Pauls, but maybe one that could suit folk a little easier from the north or south of the Uk, so hoopefully more of us can go.

I personally prefer from the midlands, the hull to rotterdam overnight boat, which can also be a folkestone depature too, which would mean a quick hour up the road for first night abroad in Amsterdam. Time to see the night sights, befriend the locals, take in a show, all the cultural highlights that holland has to offer (a dutch guy would kill me for that! lol!

From then on a good drive down south through belgium, luxembourg, a bit of france, switzerland, and the gotthard pass and tunnel Italy bound!

Nothing fixed about this of course, it wants to be tailored to suit as many as possible, but what do folk think to a general route or set up similar to this, around July 2019?

italy route 2019.JPG

I think if its going to happen, then some of us had better start planning for it now, especially as i don't even have a suitable car yet! but i know i'm not alone there! :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

liking the idea of sampling some of amsterdams offerings :roll:

be nice to do the WSB at Imola...that'd be a bucket list ticked for sure 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

good call, imola,

i like it! :D
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Evening all
This really is a dream for me to do a driving holiday. If we could take in some of the classic iconic roads from bond to the Italian job .that would be so cool. The 33 should be well and truly shaken down by 2019 :o
For me being down south . Dover or Folkstone would be better . As I'm 23 miles from it :D but could meet you guys on the other side some where.
Sounds awesome tho 8-)