AutoItalia Brooklands

Forums are great, but lets get together for a natter, a show, or a race or two!
Marlow Sud

AutoItalia Brooklands

Post by Marlow Sud »

Hi Guys,
It's on tomorrow and gates open at 8am.
I am taking the Fiat 131 Volumetrico.
Brgds
Simon

Spacenut

Re: AutoItalia Brooklands

Post by Spacenut »

Looking forward to seeing it in the metal :D

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Great Lauren. Hope to see you there. It is up for sale so will have my mobile number in the window.

All the best,
Simon

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Got here early. Car looks a little lonely in the paddock:
IMG_5763.JPG
But there are Alfas in here too at 7:30am:
IMG_5764.JPG
Brgds
Simon

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Hmm.....a nice red 75, or a GTV6..... :?:

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

IMG_5795.JPG
IMG_5796.JPG
IMG_5797.JPG
IMG_5798.JPG
IMG_5799.JPG

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

IMG_5801.JPG
IMG_5802.JPG
IMG_5803.JPG
IMG_5781.JPG
IMG_5790.JPG

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

IMG_5818.JPG
IMG_5817.JPG
IMG_5806.JPG
IMG_5810.JPG

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

IMG_5819.JPG
IMG_5807.JPG
IMG_5808.JPG
IMG_5811.JPG

BS25

Post by BS25 »

Looked like a great day for Silver Ferrari's - all of them fantastic! Great to see so many Suds in attendance - and that orange Miura......... :D
Thanks for the photos!

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Great pictures Simon. Some real nice cars there.
I really wanted to get down to the show but was unable.

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Hi guys
I think the orange Miura was my favourite.
Thought of Keith when I saw the silver/grey Ferrari T the DK stand. Did you paint that one Keith?
Didn't know that the louvres above the lights on a Montreal swivel down when the lights are turned on and tuck under the bottom of the lights! It looks completely different. Great styling to have those louvres!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vFjFmZm8GiY
Brgds
Simon

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Great pics Simon - yes, I was there somewhere in the enormous throng! I hope your Volumetrico attracted some interest, you certainly had pride of place in the clubhouse area!

Quite a confused layout this year with all the building works going on, but found a few interesting cars - but top of my list had to be the yellow Miura SV, reputedly ex-Rod Stewart - it was absolutely awesome!

In fact, with 3 Miuras, Espada S2, Jamara S, Urracco 3 litre and a Countach (as well as all the usual Aventadors sporting funny vinyl wraps) I think I can safely say that Auto Italia is back!

...But I won't have my pictures developed for a couple of weeks yet, so you will just have to take my word (and Simon's pictures) for it :D

Lauren

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Espada for you Lauren:
IMG_5772.JPG
Brgds
Simon

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Hi Simon,
No I didn't do those DK cars. I did a pale blue Lusso for them and the only 275 GTB I have done ,to date, was a darker grey met.
Have done a couple of Miura's ( one yellow and the other red) but I would love to do an Espada. I just love their width and low roof line. Another car for the dream garage. :D
Attachments
20160614_132255.jpg
20170109_103750.jpg
New Camera Samsung 375.jpg

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Lovely work Keith.

Maybe you did the yellow Miura that Lauren spotted?

The Naca ducts on the bonnet of the Espada gave me a chuckle. You normally see those on aircraft that fly at high subsonic speeds, say 500 mph to reduce drag.
Apparently the drag from a normal scoop duct is negligible below about 130mph.

They do look pretty though.

Brgds,
Simon

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Better yet, on the Espada they are for cabin ventilation!

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

I did this one.
It started with a replaced windscreen, and the new screen rubber was smaller than the original and left a line where it had previously been painted. It had a few stone chips and marks, and the next thing the owner asked to tidy everything up.
He sent it to us after I did his red and gold one. That had the rear clam fly open / up , but luckily not too much damage was done. He asked to refresh that as well so that is two complete resprays I did for him.
Attachments
7973492944_fb873e4761_b.jpg

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

What a car. I think I like it in the yellow even more than the orange.
Lovely job Keith. Do you keep a portfolio of pictures for cars you have painted?
Proper air scoops at the rear of the cills Lauren.
All the best,
Simon

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Could be the same car - the one at Brooklands was utterly immaculate inside and out. The one distinguishing feature is that it had the optional Borletti air conditioning unit in place of the passenger glovebox, dials on top and three outlets on the left hand side of the dash (car was RHD). I've only seen one other Miura with this option, that was the ex-Tony Iommi blue one :D

Easily car of the show for me, but there were other distractions - the tiny Abarth 1000 sports, '72 Maserati Quattroporte, the Espada, blue Montreal, the ex-Mick Colville Lancia Beta (which took to the test hill and was mistaken for an 037 by the announcer), plus many more...

Lauren

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Marlow Sud wrote: Do you keep a portfolio of pictures for cars you have painted?
I do if they are a bit special to me, ie I really like them or they are rare. It is easy with digital but my early jobs were film so I have them as prints. I need to lean how to use my scanner :oops:
I regret not photographing some of the old race cars I have done, but often we only got the panels. :D

Lauren, the yellow Miura had light grey leather interior with blue piping if that helps, but not sure about a/c.

Repaired the bumper and front corner of this rare one as well. Ex Nick Cage and Shar of Iran car. Got damaged in transit to the UK.
Attachments
Nick Cage Miura SVJ.jpg

Marlow Sud

Post by Marlow Sud »

Lovely. I like that one. Especially the different front headlights. I see the Shah had two!

https://goo.gl/images/cMdToK

Brgds,
Simon

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Wow, that was a special car. Modified in the style of the legendary Miura Jota, a one-off special constructed by factory test driver Bob Wallace (even more famous - and technically savvy - than Valentino Balboni) in his spare time. Sadly, the one and only Jota was written off on a stretch of incomplete autostrada, but the factory made about 9 Miura SVJ semi-replicas. The Shah of Persia car had straight-through exhausts, fixed headlights, air extractor vents in the wheel arches, a racing filler cap and a chin spoiler. The unique Avional monocoque structure of the original did not make it to production, although the car was replicated, millimetre perfectly, by Piet Pulford some 40 years later. This car is registered 10TA and has made it onto a lot of magazine covers in the last 10 years, justifiably so...

Pretty sure the Brooklands Miura had a black interior. It was a late SV on a '72 K plate, and RHD. I've seen both the orange S and white P400 before, but this is the first time I have seen the yellow car. A recent restoration perhaps?