Something for the evening shrew!

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
Veesix75

Something for the evening shrew!

Post by Veesix75 »

Having read shrew's self confessed fetish for wheels, thought I'd post this and get the shrewmiester verdict of hot or not!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=momo+s ... 04zrsSM%3A

No likey, no lighty..... I bought a set 15 years ago for a 75 3 litre Veloce when I was a young man.

PETROLHEAD

Re: Something for the evening shrew!

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi Tim

hmmm, they're a nice enough wheel, and momo are pretty well made too.

Hot or Not is a very personal thing for sure, and me personally, am all about the retro style at the mo, and these are just a little modern looking for me.

But they're still a good wheel, and would be a popular upgrade for lots of folk Tim.

cheers

shrew
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

I will take that as a no likey :D

It's funny how taste changes, as back then I wanted to ditch the revolutions, wheras now I'd probably put the rev's back on.

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Me too
I bought some Mono's for my sud - the pics looked really cool with the spokes flaring out from the hub :D

When i got them the spokes were protruding outside of the rim :evil:

I now know that modern wheels are made to the largest offset and you will NOT get the "dish" you think you are getting, so if your unlucky like us sud / 33 owners all they do is machine the off offset down.
This means that the "spokes" will still be protruding from the rim. The only way to stop this is going for 7.5 J OR getting them made specially

Hope this is clear
H

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

That's right kermit, mine are the same, the elbow on the spoke sticks out further than the rim.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Thats because,

Generally,

The biggest dish wheels came from the rear wheel drive era and design.

As soon as things started moving forward, literally, the handling chatacteristics suited a different footprint,

Even, wider fronts track and dragging skinny little backs around!

And so, deep dish, proper deep dish, started to disappear!

However, the retro wheel scene is gigantamahoosive at the mo! I love it!

And thanks to some historic knowledge (tom/bls!), and a lot of expense and juggling, you can still find, buy, or build some awesome rims!

Ill be showing a couple of my own sud wheels soon, ive been refurbing them over what seems months, but they're coming together nicely now, and I tell you what needs to catch up with the retro wheel scene?

The wide small diameter tyre options!

Very limiting, or very very expensive!
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon