RIP Simon Andrews

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
KevJTD

RIP Simon Andrews

Post by KevJTD »

as some will know, i love the bike racing.
not just the ever popular motogp but bsb and world supers.
road racing though has always been a double edged sword.
INCREDIBLY brave riders who know the dangers, which are huge. there are very rarely small accidents at the TT or events like the north west 200.

simon andrews was a great rider who'd had a string of bad accidents, like a lot of riders. some may remember the bsb crash at snetterton in 2011 where the bike went into 2 pieces over the tyre wall, simon broke his leg then.
we saw him at cadwell last year at the bsb meeting. he looked injured then and could barely walk normally.
last september in the le mans 24 hour bike race he had aother huge crash, broke both legs, 3 vertebrae in his back, ribs etc.

this years north west 200 has claimed him.

what makes the riders push themselves so hard and through so much pain us mere mortals will never understand.

RIP Simon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/27478727
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

PETROLHEAD

Re: RIP Simon Andrews

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Fitting tribute mate, well put.

always a huge shock when big talents are lost this way, but like you said, the road races just have that unique but massive element of extra danger.

Condolences to all his family and friends :cry:

So bloody quick Simon was too, this is a massive blow for this years TT aswell i fear.

RIP Simon
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

justsuds

Re: RIP Simon Andrews

Post by justsuds »

Well said Kev, - very sad, I too am a big bike racing fan,- pure road racers are a special breed, so much different to circuit racing, brave men indeed.
John.