The sad End of an Era

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
LooLooSud33Spider

The sad End of an Era

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

Keep hold of your old Alfas and cherish them. Since Stellantis have announced that like Lotus all New Alfa Romeos from 2025 will be full EV only . Sadly I feel this is the final nail in the Coffin of a brand we all love. I’m still not convinced of the Green credentials of this new generation motor car. And don’t believe for a minute that the infrastructure will be in place for mass adoption of EVs for many years yet.
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

Spacenut

Re: The sad End of an Era

Post by Spacenut »

I can't help but agree. While brand loyalty is to be commended I cannot think of anything further removed from the original Alfa ethos of driver-focused motoring than an EV bristling with so-called "driver aids" or even full autonomy. Presumably only the vehicle AI will derive any driver satisfaction from that :roll:

LooLooSud33Spider

Re: The sad End of an Era

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

Has anyone else seen the new Alfa Romeo “Junior”. Full ev small cross over apparently it was going to be called the Milano but the Italian government weren’t happy as it’s built in Poland. Now I have nothing against the Poles as a nation But an Alfa without an engine and not even built in Italy !!!! WTF. Could this truly be the end 😭
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo