The sad End of an Era

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
LooLooSud33Spider

The sad End of an Era

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

Keep hold of your old Alfas and cherish them. Since Stellantis have announced that like Lotus all New Alfa Romeos from 2025 will be full EV only . Sadly I feel this is the final nail in the Coffin of a brand we all love. I’m still not convinced of the Green credentials of this new generation motor car. And don’t believe for a minute that the infrastructure will be in place for mass adoption of EVs for many years yet.
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

Spacenut

Re: The sad End of an Era

Post by Spacenut »

I can't help but agree. While brand loyalty is to be commended I cannot think of anything further removed from the original Alfa ethos of driver-focused motoring than an EV bristling with so-called "driver aids" or even full autonomy. Presumably only the vehicle AI will derive any driver satisfaction from that :roll:

LooLooSud33Spider

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

Has anyone else seen the new Alfa Romeo “Junior”. Full ev small cross over apparently it was going to be called the Milano but the Italian government weren’t happy as it’s built in Poland. Now I have nothing against the Poles as a nation But an Alfa without an engine and not even built in Italy !!!! WTF. Could this truly be the end 😭
IMG_4378.jpeg
IMG_4380.jpeg
Looks like a slightly restyled Vauxhall Mokka thing 🤮
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Hi Lou

Yep I saw the launch vid, and the subsequent Milano / Junior debacle. The bullshit spouted in the launch vid was comical.

Make the most of what’s left on the used market, and ditch that merc for a QV, wish I could have stretched to one instead of the sensible beemer workhorse.

Credit to the Italian government for standing its ground on the name.

Hadn’t seen a Mocca pic alongside but it’s clearly the same base vehicle, and if in that market then as per other threads I’d have a Kia or Hyundai instead.

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Yes, as we all have said, we are that last generation of old school who like a car to be a machine that you connect with and communicate via controls and information dials. We are not that generation who get excited about an i-phone screen with apps. I totally acknowledge the development of cars with electronic aids to make things better for every day driving, but this new "look" of an office environment with a touchscreen is not for me either.
I do not understand why we have a new generation of designers setting out to change everything. We have had some major road alterations done around where i live, but a few new road junctions are now so confusing they are more dangerous than the original "turn right dead mans lane" in the middle of the road.
Back to the new "Alfa" and as Kev pointed out most of the base is Peugeot etc and I wonder who will buy it as I am sure the Alfa will cost more. I also get that the brand need to aim for a new younger market and hope , if it does sell it may fund Alfa to still build some limited run proper cars.