Any car audio experts here?

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
StescoG66

Any car audio experts here?

Post by StescoG66 »

Wonder if we have any car audio experts on here that can help with a little query.
I have a VDO CD571X head unit that I have pressed in to use in the Sprint. Slightly unusual perhaps, but a bit of digging shows them to be a big OEM supplier and to be fair it sounds pretty decent. This unit dates - I think - from the late 1990's/early 2000's. It has the usual standard ISO connector in the back plus the mini-ISO pins for auxiliary services, amongst which is CD changer control. I have no manual for the unit, so does anybody know

a- How to select CDC as a source as I cannot see an obvious way to do it, because..............

b- I have bought a bluetooth adaptor to connect to the mini-ISO where the CD changer should connect. Does anybody know the pin configuration of this unit so I know what pins to connect to? There are only 5 wires on the bluetooth adaptor - 12v+, 12v-, audio ground, audio left +, audio right +. I reckon these all go in to section C3 of the mini ISO.
The adaptor powers up OK, and I can pair the phone, so I suppose I just need to know what pins the audio output connects to.
Can anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance.
Si puo diventare Alfista
Si puo anche nascere come Alfista

Ma si muore sempre come Alfista