VJM 5Y

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
Alfaoldgit

VJM 5Y

Post by Alfaoldgit »

Does anyone on here own this Alfasud TI GC? I believe it's still around, my last encounter with it was in 1989. My wife and I drove it away from our wedding and on to our honeymoon in April that year.
Had: Sud Ti, GC, Sprint Veloce 1.5
Have: 159SW, 164QV, 156GTA SW, GTV6
Projects: Brera 2.4, Sprint Veloce 1.5

KevJTD

Re: VJM 5Y

Post by KevJTD »

I'm not too sure where it is at now but I bought it back in 2009 or thereabouts and did a full strip down rebuild.
It was in a pretty bad state back then!
A classic case of a late night ebay purchase that I shouldn't really have done, but having travelled all the way down to Potsmouth to buy it I couldn't face going home without it, but I ought to have done!
I have loads of pictures somewhere of the rebuild, which turned out OK all things considered.
It did actually get into a Sud book a few years ago as I was contacted by the Italian author asking permission to use my car for the restoartion section.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfa-Romeo-Alf ... C70&sr=8-8
I sold the car to James Wheeler who ran Black & White garage who were the original selling agent where it went into their showroom, when the garage closed down I undrestand it got sold off with most of the collection, I'd love to know what has happenned to it now. And indeed hear more about the life it had before coming to me. I did get a list of previous owners from the DVLA when you could do that, it showed most owners were from South of London so the car came "Up North" to me for the first time.
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

KevJTD wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:13 am
I have loads of pictures somewhere of the rebuild, which turned out OK all things considered.
I think you are selling yourself short Kev - didn't you win silverware at the AROC concours with VJM???

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Spacenut wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:51 pm
KevJTD wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:13 am
I think you are selling yourself short Kev - didn't you win silverware at the AROC concours with VJM???
Yes, I did actually, forgot that!
Robert Gharibi Award 2011 (11 years ago!!!) for best self done restoration. 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

[/quote]

Yes, he is modest.
I was at that show and was looking out for bits for my car, (at that time still a couple of years from completion) and was so pleased to see a Sud winning a prize. Didn't know Kev then, in fact probably any of you on here at that time :D