Nick Anderson

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
LooLooSud33Spider

Nick Anderson

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

It is with great sadness that I have to report the passing of Nick Anderson. Though not a forum member we had become great friends through our racing exploits. Nick was an avid Alfa racer in recent years. Firstly he raced his much modified 33 (which Adsblacksud now owns). If any of you have attended festival italia at brands you’ll have seen Nick on track. He then decided to convert his Zoe Yellow spider in to a race car. I helped him with the initial stripping and prep. Bianco then finished the car in time for it first race. At the time it was the only racing spider in the uk (in ARCA at least) I built a fresh engine for the car and Nick did manage a few races before he sadly had to hang up his helmet on medical grounds.
AB5BC643-215B-4275-9CD1-550CC7FF6F94.jpeg
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

BS25

Re: Nick Anderson

Post by BS25 »

That's really sad news to hear Louise. Sincere condolences to his family and friends from Dad and I.

LooLooSud33Spider

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

Thanks Brian. I’ve been in touch with Mike Lindsay and he’ll be posting a tribute to Nick on the Arca website in the coming weeks .
Lou
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

adsblacksud

Post by adsblacksud »

Hello Lou,

I read this sad news on the Alfa Romeo Championship Facebook page this evening after my son alerted me.

Nick was very helpful and kind when we went to buy the 33 and although forced to give up racing he was looking forward to continue his involvement through marshalling.

My sincere condolences to Nick’s family and friends.

Adam