Been a bit quiet lately

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
LooLooSud33Spider

Been a bit quiet lately

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

Wakey wakey It’s been a bit quiet around here . Is everyone ok ?
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

Kegsti66

Re: Been a bit quiet lately

Post by Kegsti66 »

Hi Lou, yes it has been quiet.
I suppose not much going on in these strange times for many.
Not done much with my car at the moment as I am trying to get some renovation work done on my house.
Very busy with work as well.
Lets hope 2021 will pick up for us all.

LooLooSud33Spider

Post by LooLooSud33Spider »

No doubt 2020 certainly been an “Annus Horribilus “ and it just seems to be getting worse all the time. What I wouldn’t give for life as it was only 12 months ago. Sadly I feel we’ve still got a long way to go before it’s over
Alfasud Ti 1984
Alfa Spider 2.0 Ts 916
Alfa Spider 20v Turbo

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

Hi all - very quiet down south as well but the Sud will be out for a decent run on Wed (have checked the forecast). Must admit to feeling very fortunate that I retired exactly a year ago so am not in the same position as thousands of others being furloughed or made redundant. If you are one of those I wish you all the best and especially people like my sister who is a carer in the firing-line once again.

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

I wondered if owners of Alfas other than Suds/Sprints/33's could be encouraged to use the Forum, for a bit of diversity?

Not sure how that could happen though.

Yes, it has gone a bit quiet on here.

Crank

Post by Crank »

Having retired recently I can't say all this covid business has had much affect on me, and as long as I don't catch it, I am quite happy plodding on with my cars which have been waiting patiently for years, until I had the time to fix them. After spending the summer repairing the 75 and getting the dash back in so that I could move it and then carry out some repairs on the 147 and the wifes 18 year old Focus for the MOT. I felt like a break from cars last week, but that won't last for long.
1976 1.5Ti
1977 1.2Ti
1989 1.7 Sprint Veloce
1989 75TS
2003 147 2.0TS Lusso
2004 MX5 1.8S
2002 1.6 Focus LX

junior

Post by junior »

Been trying to sell a house for a year, as almost sold it then the floods happened, then covid, then sold it 3 times and people coming up with all kinds of oddities why they have to back out.
Just hope it goes through this time as fed up of setting it up for viewings, double maintenance and double gardening.
An I try to forget the council tax........(Don't mention Cummings). So not much time for cars.

There is many much worse off though, so we muddle on. :roll:

NEG

Post by NEG »

Been driving my other x1/9 quite a bit but done nothing on the Sud or GTV6 aaaand to much life stuff going on with family......

Harry_p

Post by Harry_p »

It has been a very strange year.

My partner who works in a hospital caught corona back at the end of March / early April and was seriously ill with it, having to spend 5 days on oxygen and only just dodging intensive care. I still don’t know whether I’ve had it or not, back then they were only testing hospital admissions.

Since then it has been work as normal, we were classed as an essential service so have stayed open, and have actually had our busiest year on record, it’s been absolutely manic.

I must admit at the time having some resentment towards various neighbours who were out ‘living it up’ and enjoying furlough and treating it as one big holiday while I was getting up at 4:30am and working hard, but as things go on I am starting to feel grateful to have had a relatively normal year.

I’ve had a few garden construction projects I’ve not even started yet, I’m useless at planning and it’s just not the same when You can’t just pop to the shops for this and that as and when you need it or to have a look at something.

Similarly, several motoring projects have been abandoned and untouched all year save for some parts collecting. So much so that I’d started losing interest in cars a bit, which is part of the reason why I decided to buy my Sud, a car I had wanted for years. Something to use and enjoy and rekindle my love of interesting cars, a 40th birthday present to myself, and something to cheer the year up a bit.

As such, this lockdown won’t change anything we’re doing on a day to day basis. I’m still working, we’ve been online shopping save for the odd few bits and pieces from the supermarket since April, we’ve not been to a pub or restaurant since early March.

Would be nice if petrol would drop back to £1 a litre though...
Italian: ‘69 fiat 850 saloon, ‘80 alfasud super, 2012 Mito multiair 135
German: ‘72 VW dormobile camper, ‘87 Mk2 GTi 8v, ‘89 e30 m3, ‘96 e36 m3 evo saloon, ‘98 e36 318ti compact sport, ‘06 merc clk350
British: ‘94 metro gti 1.8, ‘91 metro 1.1c

alfadave

Post by alfadave »

Interesting to note you are losing interest in cars.........

having recently bought your eleventh!!

Harry_p

Post by Harry_p »

Most of them need lots of work which started becoming a bit overwhelming. The Sud was bought as a useable, complete and running car with full mot and with strict instructions that it wasn’t going to be another project to sit gathering dust :lol:

Very easy to fall into the trap of starting to view them as everyday transport and forget why you bought and love the others all sitting there waiting for their turn.

The weather really hasn’t helped, it rained from October to March last year, then Covid shut everything down, then it was roasting hot, then this September it started raining and has barely stopped. Any decent ‘doing stuff on cars’ days are spent looking after the daily drivers so they don’t turn into more projects :lol:
German: ‘72 VW dormobile camper, ‘87 Mk2 GTi 8v, ‘89 e30 m3, ‘96 e36 m3 evo saloon, ‘98 e36 318ti compact sport, ‘06 merc clk350

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

Could assist you in making it 12 and a trio of m’s if you fancy adding an e46 M3 individual in estoril?

Harry_p

Post by Harry_p »

Ha, I think if another arrived I’d find my bags packed on the door step and I’d be looking for somewhere to park several cars :lol: