The XPocalypse is upon us!!!

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
Nige005

Re: The XPocalypse is upon us!!!

Post by Nige005 »

Joe1968 wrote:
Nige005 wrote:Plenty, but the PC has been OK.

:lol: ... oh Nige .. that made me chuckle! I could say the same .... :lol:

I know you've had some fun recently.

Mostly good here although I went out first thing this morning meaning to take the Celica to get the bread and papers, no such luck, Battery as flat as the proverbial. A bit worrying as the Battery is only six months old but even so I hope it's a Battery fault and not a snag on the car electrics.

Still it was a good excuse to take the Alfetta instead. Meanwhile the Celica Battery is on charge, started out at just 9.5 Volts and with a charging Current of over 5 Amps, the Ammeter was bouncing off the FSD Stop. Mmmmmmmm.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

sounds odd Nige?

whose battery was it, exide, oldham, yuasa :?: :?: :?:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Nige005

Post by Nige005 »

petrolhead wrote:sounds odd Nige?

whose battery was it, exide, oldham, yuasa :?: :?: :?:

Unbranded Shrew, should have known better.

Touch wood it seems OK now after the charge but the jury's still out.

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Probably a Chop Suey Cell then eh Nige, although not always a bad thing! ;)

Ever since race bikes etc with pitifully small batteries and long periods of none use, i've been a huge fan of the Optimate trickle chargers.

There are other versions around of course, i have an Oxford Oximiser too, does pretty much the same thing, but i have a shelf of batteries in the workshop, that i keep topped up with these float chargers, but the better Optimate's can actually rejuvenate and recondition a previously considered Dead battery, and has done this for me many times over.

I can't recommend them enough, but at around £50, theyre not cheap either compared to another battery, but i bought mine when still in the bike trade at staff rate, thankfully, so maybe a bit much for single use, but if like me there are several laid up cars and more than a coupe of batteries to consider, they start to make a lot of sense.
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Nige005

Post by Nige005 »

Yeah, couldn't really justify anything like that for my " fleet " of two cars !

Have used a Solar Charger for years and maybe it does the job, maybe not, hard to tell. It is currently fitted to the Toyota so it didn't help this time.