Alfasud prices on the up?

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
Alfamet

Alfasud prices on the up?

Post by Alfamet »

Just browsing the wonderweb today and came across this:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C486947

That's some price they're asking. :o
Has anyone got any comments?

markalfa83

Re: Alfasud prices on the up?

Post by markalfa83 »

I would find it hard to put a price on something like this. I suppose it depends on how badly you want to own a Sprint and by the looks of this one its seems to be one of the most original one out there. Just look at the condition of the front seats to start with! :shock: You could spend a few quid getting one to this standard so I guess it would be down to the buyer on what they would want to do.

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

lets hope that values are on the up, finally being recognised for being great cars and all..

i think it's got a lot to do with all the money being sunk into higher end classics at the moment, folks don't put money into banks for it to lose it's value now and seem to be putting it into classics, which pushes the prices up.
not that they are buying suds etc but if the e types etc go up in value then the next steps down go up in value as interest filters down, and on down into our cars.

good job we've bought one now, eh :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

justsuds

Post by justsuds »

I've seen this car, - it really is outstanding, in such original untouched condition. Not sure about the price though.
John.

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

Well I couldn't get Anywhere near that price for my "G" Reg 1.7 Sprint when I sold it two years ago! But it had been extensively worked on...... :lol:

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Ive said it many times before, and i guess i'll rant it again :D

whilst i am certainly battling for first in the que for a bargain, when kit comes to selling our pride and joys, their perceived VALUE is largely to do with us, the owners and sellers.

if you advertise it for Banger money, the message is, that's all its worth, and certainly all you'll get, but put a decent and fair price on, and you'll weed out the idiots, and psuhg the market in the direction we've been wanting for a long time (mostly!)

When i was selling my 155 Widebody V6 Sport, i tested the water by inviting interest on the 155 dedicated forum, you know, where all the "enthusiasts" hang out. All i got was offers of banger money, quite insulting at times from certain individuals.

When i turned everyone down flatly, some asked why, so i told them that they were nowhere near what i thought the car was worth. Some delved a little deeper so i told them, and to most of the interested parties my price was as much as 3 and 4 times they're idea of its value, so they sneered and giggled amongst themselves.

In the middle of all this, i had a conversation with one member, Wayne, the first and only sensible conversation i had over there actually, who appreciated exactly what i told him, and arranged to come and see the car, and bought it within an hour, chipping me a little bit, but essentially we were both very happy.

It still only took a week or two to sell it, so why give it away when in just the next phone call is someone who realises just how rare they are these days, and why they shouldn't be undersold.

So we have a responsibility regarding our cars values, and it plays a large part of the game.

We can help drive Sud prices up, if we stick at it, together.

The first apparent downside is that when you want one, even a project one, it will be more expensive, but that said, after sinking a few thousand into your car, as we do, its worth a lot more, unlike the current situation which makes a Sud a poor choice of practical classic, on the financial grounds alone. But if the residual values of good cars was better, they would appeal to more folk as a viable classic car, and theyd be in awe of what theyve bought of course, and that means more spares, more repairers, more service all around the industry catering for them, and that spirals making it even more viable.

Thats how i see it personally anyway :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

From a conversation today I hear that classic car insurers are upping the value of Suds,Sprints and 33's amongst others. Have yet to confirm this with my insurer but if it's true then a step in the right direction for all of us at the "lower end" of the classic market. :D

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

That's good to hear. When my 33 gets back on the road , it's going to be worth millions :lol: