Cleaning Products

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
Kermit

Cleaning Products

Post by Kermit »

Has anyone got any tips on what to use to get a good long lasting shine on interior plastics and vinyl dash ?
I'm wondering about shoe polish as "armoural" and other silicon based ones just don't last.

Also has anyone ever dyed their cardboard headling - if so what with

Thanks
H

PETROLHEAD

Re: Cleaning Products

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hi H

ive always thought that Dash Shine, (gorgeous in Vanilla!) is pretty good.

but as you've found with other silicon treatments, they don't hang around forever!

smells bloomin good whist fresh though, but for gods sake don't get overspray on the pedals and stuff, even the carpet becomes an ice rink!

best to spray the rag to apply it rather than the car and then spread it.

Shrew
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Thanks Shrew,
Decided to go for the shoe polish, dash and center consol look really good.
What I like is that the polish gets into the nooks and crannies and will remain black - silicon sprays just reflect the surrounding layers and after a while just looks dirty
Will post a pic tomorrow as forgotten the lead to plug my I phone into the pc and can't really be bothered to email myself from the phone :lol:

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Cool,

i look forward to it

shrew
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Joe1968

Post by Joe1968 »

Ok .. so I'm going to make a suggestion ... on plastic/vinyl try Glyptone leather conditioner .. put quite a bit on .. leave it to dry then buff up with a very soft cloth .. something like a yellow duster .. definitely not a microfibre as it will all come off. Have used this on my kids cars and works .. plus your left with a nice fresh smell for a week or 2 .. :)

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Thanks Joe, maybe try some on other bits.

No ideas on the headlining anyone :D
Saw the woman who done the seats, seems I'll have to find some extra stretchy materail - Lycra maybe :mrgreen:
H

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

First pics for Shrew
009.JPG
Then good new I have ordered 2 cans of fabric spray online and have a money back offer :mrgreen:
If it goes wrong I can still get it covered :lol:

Joe1968

Post by Joe1968 »

Whats the fabric spray do .. ?

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Joe1968 wrote:Whats the fabric spray do .. ?
Hopefully change the rather "dirty" grey looking headlining to a rather nicer Black :D
H

Joe1968

Post by Joe1968 »

Oh .. in that case ...

I use Turtle Wax interior stuff .. it comes in a green can with a yellow brush attached ..

Forget the yellow brush and do what I do .. spray it on .. use quite a bit .. let it settle .. on any stuborn marks use your fingers to rub it in .. you should see the dirt lifting .. then get a bucket of warm water amd several microfibre cloths and taking it in turns wipe off with warm clean water .. repeat if necessary .. it comes up lovely and and smells fresh .. I think it has a deodoriser in it.
You can also use on the headlining too ( but test a small area first)
Now for the yellow brush .. you can use that to do the carpets .. again .. spray lots on and let settle .. then use the brush to agitate it . Then comes the bucket of warm water and microfibre cloths .. wipe off and leave to dry then vacume ..

Its really good stuff and gets oil off too .. I used to work in the trade and was forever getting in Luigi my 156 .. who has sand coloured carpets .. they come up like new when I use the above .. worth ago for a fiver and a bit of elbow grease ... ;)

Joe1968

Post by Joe1968 »

Hang on .. I think I may have just posted the above for nothing ... :lol: does it have a colour to it, this spray ... :?:

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Joe1968 wrote:Hang on .. I think I may have just posted the above for nothing ... :lol: does it have a colour to it, this spray ... :?:
HI Joe,
Yes the headling is grey at the moment and I want it black
wasn't going to say anything though :lol:

Good tip about the carpets though - I'll give it a go when I get to that stage :mrgreen:
H