Con or not ??

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
Kermit

Con or not ??

Post by Kermit »

I've had a bloke from the Netherlands who says he will buy the 33 - what's my pay pal address!
Well after reading that pay pal is pretty tight on hackers and as long as they don't get the password all's OK so I did.

Now I have had an email telling me there is £5950.00 in my Pay pal account which will be cleared when I send £950.00 to the shipping agency.
Is his normal or a scam ??

junior

Re: Con or not ??

Post by junior »

And is there that money in the account ?

Sounds not quite right.

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

It's a scam money will disappear once you pay shipping costs try taking the money out of pay pal and wait a few days

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

It is a scam.........I had a similar situation when I was selling the 6C last year, but mine asked for payment to a Western Union account.

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Alfasixnut wrote:It is a scam.........I had a similar situation when I was selling the 6C last year, but mine asked for payment to a Western Union account.
Oddly enough this too was Western Union !
Told him I wasn't happy about it and why doesn't he pay me by bank transfer and that's the last I've heard !!!

Thanks for all your help - there's some bad people out there !!!!

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Thanks for sharing this post H.
Terrible that this sort of thing is now becoming more common.
People can be so devious.
Hope you get an honest buyer soon, I missed you at MITCAR. I saw your car parked and saw you leave, but didn't see you walking around.

junior

Post by junior »

Another to watch out for is an electronic cheque paid into your paypal account .

Then paypal says you have been paid. So you send the expensive clutch £500, then he pulls the money back. :o

You have to go onto your Paypal account and actual tick for accepting the electronic cheque. People like myself take Paypal as being correct.

So the buyer ends up with the goods and your money........................unless you trace him and find he lives close to where your brother works in Manchester. :lol:

Still cost us £100 in the end as it ruined the sale.

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Kegsti66 wrote:Thanks for sharing this post H.
Terrible that this sort of thing is now becoming more common.
People can be so devious.
Hope you get an honest buyer soon, I missed you at MITCAR. I saw your car parked and saw you leave, but didn't see you walking around.
Hi Kegsti, you were too busy with all the crowd around your sud :D
Might of helped if the 33 was directed somewhere near to the suds and sprints rather than with the "modern" parking
I was the only 33 there after all :roll:

My son was also so interested in the RC planes at the rear on the house, that's where must of our time was (it was good though)
Never mind, maybe next time I'm sure.

Cheers
H

rsimond

Post by rsimond »

This is another reason why I prefer bank transfer than Paypal when doing transactions.