Forum watchers?

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
Alfasixnut

Forum watchers?

Post by Alfasixnut »

I just wondered why so many members of this (and other) forums only ever seem to watch/read threads, posts etc? Relatively very few people make positive contributions or comments........ yet we all recognize that a good forum is where there are lots of contributions and a wide range of opinions.
So come on all you silent members - hit that Send button, make your views known. :roll:

Sud 145

Re: Forum watchers?

Post by Sud 145 »

9 views on my last post and no comments,not even from you. Lol The comments don't even have to be positive.

Alfasixnut

Post by Alfasixnut »

Sud 145 wrote:9 views on my last post and no comments,not even from you. Lol The comments don't even have to be positive.
Now rectified! But I do have a soft spot for those early US Muscle cars. I read too many "Hot Rod" magazines in my youth! :D

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

I've noticed a non response to some of my posts...just thought they must have been too boring lol!

alfachris

Post by alfachris »

I was thinking the same about some of the threads don't get comments on them

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

I suspect quite a lot of the forum "watchers" are probably automatic Googlebots, filing away references that will later appear on someone's search radar. I also understand that some of the watchers on the Nova forum are DVLA inspectors trying to catch out the unwary :shock: so that might account for a few more.

As forums go, In my (albeit limited) experience, this is one of the more dynamic ones, with lots of useful technical banter especially when you consider how small the membership is, compared with the likes of AO, for example. I tend to log into the AROC forum once every 6 months or so, and there's usually less than a page of new posts in the Alfasud lounge. You couldn't afford to leave it that long on this forum!

Lauren

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

a valid point Phil, I often wonder myself if I've written something wrong as a post goes un-commented on, maybe it was too boring or too much/too little detail, hard to say sometimes

but I'm as guilty as everyone else for not posting as much as I maybe should, I will admit though that I've read every single post on the forum in all lounges so have really no excuse to speak up more often but I also understand that people like to view and maybe even take inspiration from posts without feeling the need to respond.

at the end of the day the forum is only as good as you guys, if the feeling is that "less is more" then I'm all for it, quality over quantity, where we've been in the past you had to troll through all sorts of drivel to get to something meaningful......so I'll shut up now :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Crank

Post by Crank »

I am one of those guilty of rarely posting even though I look at the forum most days. I think the high standard of workmanship and technical expertise is giving us none posters an inferiority complex. But I find the restoration work is an inspiration and I need some inspiration and motivation to venture out to the garage in the winter.
I also agree that less is more and try not to make posts if I don't think I have a good point to make. Perhaps its a reflection on those of us that appreciate the cleverly engineered but relatively plain looking Alfasud, that we don,t post unless we have something to contribute. Just as a good engineer would not add anything to a design if it was not necessary.
Last edited by Crank on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
1976 1.5Ti
1977 1.2Ti
1989 1.7 Sprint Veloce
1989 75TS
2003 147 2.0TS Lusso
2004 MX5 1.8S
2002 1.6 Focus LX

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Morning peeps

All great points. Quality over quantity all day long For me! We have busy life's too which doesn't help. So some times for me it's just a quick look at how many cars kevs got back on the road this week :lol:
Then I get depressed as my 33 seems to be getting further away from the road :cry:
Anyway this is a cracking forum with real enthusiasts ! And I'm glad to be a part of it :D
Powered by the dark side
Gt jtdm blackline
S2 33 cl veloce 16v sleeping
Freestyle superjet jetski

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

Crank wrote:I am one of those guilty of rarely posting even though I look at the forum most days. I think the high standard of workmanship and technical expertise is giving us none posters an inferiority complex. But I find the restoration work is an inspiration and I need some inspiration and motivation to venture out to the garage in the winter.
I agree with you there Crank, it's inspiring to see others with similar ideas to yourself about bringing an Alfa back to its former glory. It's also reassuring to know that you're not the only seemingly mad one! Think I'll get the Sud out today that said...

Crank

Post by Crank »

I may have caused a bit of confusion buy posting and then deciding to edit and add a bit more.
Anyway I now feel inspired to go and work on my 'get it finished one day' Sprint Veloce, but my wife says I must take the family out for lunch ( an Italian of course ) because there is something special about the date and her birthday is imminent. Actually her birthday is on the 18th, the same day as
Enzo Ferrari. Oh dear, now I am descending into drivel.
1976 1.5Ti
1977 1.2Ti
1989 1.7 Sprint Veloce
1989 75TS
2003 147 2.0TS Lusso
2004 MX5 1.8S
2002 1.6 Focus LX

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

alfasuddriver wrote:
Crank wrote:I am one of those guilty of rarely posting even though I look at the forum most days. I think the high standard of workmanship and technical expertise is giving us none posters an inferiority complex. But I find the restoration work is an inspiration and I need some inspiration and motivation to venture out to the garage in the winter.
I agree with you there Crank, it's inspiring to see others with similar ideas to yourself about bringing an Alfa back to its former glory. It's also reassuring to know that you're not the only seemingly mad one! Think I'll get the Sud out today that said...

Many true words said guy's.
I had never been much of a poster when on the AROC site as there is a lot of people who post un helpful or just nasty things. I still have an odd look there but it is stagnant and thankfully, we are all here now. :lol: :lol:
I was inspired by Colin's threads on his collection of cars who encouraged me to post my rebuild, which I did. Unfortunately, at that time, I hadn't found CAF so that thread is on that forum.
As said, you realise you are not the only mad one who loves these cars regardless of their value. That isn't what motivates all of us. :geek:
I like to join in with any help if I can as I have had my car to bits, but also appreciate the advice and knowledge offered by other members in those "grey areas", so try to give something back, and by joining in, you realise a lot of us have common interests.
I am not in a position to do another project like my Sud, but I am still fettling it so enjoy watching the other builds on here.
I hope other forum watchers do enjoy reading even if they do not post very often, after all, they did make the effort to find and join the forum.
Hope to meet more cars and owners this year.
Enjoy. :D

junior

Post by junior »

I hate forums etc where the person gets answers from idiots who have not even read the question. Awful.

I also bought a car I should not have as it was missing lots of bits, knew nothing about it, did not view it, lack the expertise, and I could go on. :roll:

But this forum has helped me have the courage and motivation to get on with it and then lots of GOOD advice. :D

Kev gets me down though as he purchases and finishes several cars while I am deciding what plugs to put in. :lol:

Anyone know what he has completed this week? Perhaps that could be the new puzzle post.

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

nothing completed this week mate.... :D but there is an imp coming here on Wednesday :lol:
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Is this for Rob?
Why not build it like this Kev.
Attachments
$_58.jpg

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

sure he'd love to do that mate but being his age the insurance would kill him, if the mrs didn't! she's already not at all chuffed that we're getting him an imp, can't see her being any better impressed when it arrives at home!!
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

I like that . Nice arches 8-)