Aroc magazine.

Whats on your mind? Alfa related or otherwise, the funnier the better!
Sud 145

Aroc magazine.

Post by Sud 145 »

Great write-up by Lauren in the latest magazine about the Green Machine. However what it couldn't convey was the attention to detail and many photos of the build that we were privileged to see here on our pages. many thanks Lauren.

Spacenut

Re: Aroc magazine.

Post by Spacenut »

Awww, shucks :oops:

Not enough space to thank everyone who helped, but Kev gets a name check :D

As you say, more pictures on this forum than was room for in the magazine. At least the article was printed in its entirely, I was worried it might get... reduced :lol:

Hopefully now the "red brigade" won't be so confused when I turn up at an AROC event. I have booked my ticket for NAD, all being well I will see some of you guys there.

Lauren

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

Hope it gets recieved well Lauren, I'm not an AROC member anymore so haven't seen it...maybe someone could post it on here?
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Great feature on the Green Machine Lauren.
As Tony pointed out, we have had a lot more info on your journey creating this unique example but credit to you for getting a full nine pages.
Looking forward to seeing you at NAD.

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

KevJTD wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:15 pm
Hope it gets recieved well Lauren, I'm not an AROC member anymore so haven't seen it...maybe someone could post it on here?
Thanks Kev - we shall see whether the next postbag is full of irate owners of red 105 series GTVs complaining about too much airtime being given to a recycled Alfasud :lol:

In the meantime I have the original file and photographs so I can upload it in the kit car section. May have to be in several parts though!

Lauren

Spacenut

Post by Spacenut »

Kegsti66 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:10 pm
Great feature on the Green Machine Lauren.
As Tony pointed out, we have had a lot more info on your journey creating this unique example but credit to you for getting a full nine pages.
Looking forward to seeing you at NAD.
Thanks Keith - I'm looking forward to NAD, but of course having the heart of an Alfa does mean that engine trouble is never far away (I'm nursing a rear crankshaft oil seal leak at the moment). But as long as nothing else goes wrong I should be there!

:lol:

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

yes, rear crank seal is a bugger when you also have inboard brakes :?
I still have not got around to swapping my new engine in yet. As you may remember when I went up to Scotland the original 1186cc engine was leaking. It is still in the car now, but will come out soon. I have not used the car much in the last few years as it wrecked my brakes and I had to refurb the callipers. In fact she has only been to to NAD last two years as it wasn' t too far a journey. ;)