Original pre 1980 style number plates

vecchioalfa

Original pre 1980 style number plates

Post by vecchioalfa »

If you are looking for the original style alloy plates with the raised plastic letters I can recommend 'Framptons' in Sheffield:

http://www.pl8s.co.uk/index.html

They are very good quality although I found the alloy edges needed a de-burr with some wet n'dry / steel wool & wet scotch to finish them off completely

PETROLHEAD

Re: Original pre 1980 style number plates

Post by PETROLHEAD »

nice one Adi,

a little naughty for my 83 but it is what i'd always planned to use anyway :lol:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

petrolhead wrote:nice one Adi,

a little naughty for my 83 but it is what i'd always planned to use anyway :lol:

far more likely to fall foul of the mot guy on this one guys, maybe even pc plod if they've half an idea.....

only cars registered prior to 1 jan 1973 are allowed to use those plates
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

ah, just seen them on your other post vecchy.

the ones you've got in the normal colours with raised letters will, of course, be fine.
i saw the ones in the ad with a black background which will be an issue, sorry for confusing anyone ;)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

vecchioalfa

Post by vecchioalfa »

KevJTD wrote:ah, just seen them on your other post vecchy.

the ones you've got in the normal colours with raised letters will, of course, be fine.
i saw the ones in the ad with a black background which will be an issue, sorry for confusing anyone ;)
:) ....... We still see modern cars driving around with the black/silver ones though don't we, along with illegal digit spacing and of course the privacy glass on the front side windows! :roll: Muppets, we even get youths riding scooters round here with no helmets on in parts of Nottingham. i'm not sure if they have a 'mate' mot tester or another set of plates and they put the side windows down and pull the fuse or what?! :lol:

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

vecchioalfa wrote:
KevJTD wrote:ah, just seen them on your other post vecchy.

:) ....... We still see modern cars driving around with the black/silver ones though don't we, along with illegal digit spacing and of course the privacy glass on the front side windows! :roll: Muppets, we even get youths riding scooters round here with no helmets on in parts of Nottingham. i'm not sure if they have a 'mate' mot tester or another set of plates and they put the side windows down and pull the fuse or what?! :lol:

very true mate, rules and regs are only for those who use them :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS