TIX

Simonsud

Re: TIX

Post by Simonsud »

alfasuddriver wrote:Looks good, are you putting a front spoiler on the Sud, looks like you'll need some brackets. Just put them in mine..
No spoiler front or rear bumpers or arches going on might go lower and fit a period front splitter to make the front look lower also going to hide front indicators behind holes in the front panel going for a clean uncluttered look

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

Sounds good, you won't have to deal with fixing all those plastic trims back in place!

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Been a bit busy lately but just spent a lunch time grinding must find more time need to get on and finish metal work

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Drivers side welding/gap adjusting all done just need to take wing off and redo sealer and stone chip as I burnt a fair bit with the welding just the n/s door gap to do then order a pallet of filler
Attachments
image.jpg

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

great work there, looks decent alignment.
know what you mean about the quantity of filler though, about 40% ends up on the floor being sanded off too!
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

It's getting there not perfect but better than when it was new old cars never had very tight gaps hopefully all edges will be metal not filler

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Long time since much has happened but been busy on other stuff
Most of spare time has been on a Morris minor fitting a cross flow and type 9 gear box the amount of hours I spent on it I could have finished the Sud
So I did spend a couple of hours on n/s lower sill and wing gap I had to cut open sill and lift lower lip 5 mm but all good now
Attachments
image.jpg

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Bare metalled roof today as roof repair after I rolled it 20 years ago needs a bit of tidying up
And introduced Sud to Mito
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

It's a bonus that you don't have a sunroof, I had a hard time finding a seal for mine...it didn't have one at all.

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

It used to have a sunroof but not after I rolled it roof lining still has sunroof hole which needs sorting out
I think they look better with out sunroofs anyway I have got one but won't be fitting it

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Bit done this week now got a 10 mm gap down the middle of the roof from one door pillar to the other had to remove this strip of metal as repair needed to much filler so thought I should do it probably this time
I was in a rush last time after I rolled it I was only 19 and keen to get it back on the road
No pictures as I don't want to look at it until it's all welded and neat

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Still not finished just got a lunch time free to sort roof ready to weld in strip be nice to get all welding done this year but don't think it will happen

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Been slowly getting roof and gutter rails repair glad to say apart from working roof brace back in roof is all welded just a few high and low spots but it's still nice and tight and not stretched
Attachments
image.jpeg

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Not much been going on with Sud as been side tracked with jcb ,work,mountain biking, nearly chopping my ear off and life in general but have got roof brace welded in and inside primed and sprayed with red raptur for sound proofing and support when rubbing down filler . Not much more I can do in the workshop it's in as need to get it in body shop for filler work as don't won't filler dust everywhere

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Inside of roof primed sealed and upol raptor
Attachments
image.jpeg

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

What's next?

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Finish it would be nice !!

No welding or fabrication which is nice but just lots of filler and rubbing down to do could do with some spare time to get it finished

alfasuddriver

Post by alfasuddriver »

It'll be worth it in the end!

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Been a while thought I should get back on it so last bit of welding that I keep forgetting is to make series 2 doors fit door panels of a series 3 so I needed to weld up some holes add a piece for arm rest to bolt on to then I’ll add rivnuts for bolts I’ve got door cards to line up to drill holes for clips and arm rest.
Attachments
C3CCF04B-9411-49B2-A492-82B9EF70C0AC.jpeg
77D7D819-B2EC-4655-9923-F22974A3CCAF.jpeg