Post by Simonsud »

Just paint all bushes ok
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Simonsud

Re: TIX

Post by Simonsud »

Loads more bits painted I painted them in 2k gloss black all looking good just need the rest of the car to look this good
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

rcollie

Post by rcollie »

Whats the story with the brake servos, you have two, one painted but you have attached the unpainted one to the pedals?

Markgq4

Post by Markgq4 »

nice work again..
will be another very good sud when you're done matey,

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Thanks nice to see progress in pictures as it gets a bit of a grind while your doing it it's good to step back and look back on progress

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

rcollie wrote:Whats the story with the brake servos, you have two, one painted but you have attached the unpainted one to the pedals?
Unpainted one is the original bendix I cleaned it and lacquered it painted one is ate from a sprint I wanted to keep original one and ate as a spare . I tried to strip master cylinder it worked fine but circlip was seized solid and ended up breaking it so now have ate master cylinder on bendix servo and bendix reservoir all bleed up ok so it should be ok

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Wings all line up needed to get it in oven to paint front end and inside wings
Attachments
image.jpg

Greencloverleaf pat

Post by Greencloverleaf pat »

Car is looking very good.

Bluesuit

Post by Bluesuit »

Tidy - as they say in Wales!
Alfa Mito 1.6JTDM-2 QV Line

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Running out of photos need to do more work on car but need to sort 2 rear lower quarter repair panels then order more filler !!!!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

STEVE5M

Post by STEVE5M »

How's it going? I'm looking forward to seeing this one buzz past me on the Battle road!
Had: 1974 Alfasud 5M, 1989 Alfasud Sprint 1.5QV,
Got: 1986 Alfetta GTV6
Want: Alfasud 5M, S1 Alfasud1.2 or 1.3Ti

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Not bad need two lower rear quarter panel repair panels need to chase up Alfa services in Germany I never got a reply as web site only list one side and other on request then I can fit rear panel and order lots of filler

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

I'm sure john (justsuds) has at least one side in stock, as i saw it only a few weeks ago.

don't ask me which side, i can't remember! soz!
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

STEVE5M

Post by STEVE5M »

I'm prepared to get smashed for asking the question but.....

how hard is it to fabricate a panel such as these? I'm not being critical just curious.

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

It's not that easy wasn't that worried to start with as bumper covers it but I'am now going bumper less so it needs to look good . Curve is quiet easy to make but lower lip with a curve would take some doing and time

STEVE5M

Post by STEVE5M »

Ah, I understand. I have 0% knowledge of this subject hence the question. I have seen rebuild threads like kev's where it seems just about any panel can be fabricated so I thought I would ask.

Steve.

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Still on old photos not done much been busy with a new puppy and a saab convertible for the wife . My daughter came to work today and said the car doesn't look any different to how it did two years ago in the garden so I showed her the finished engine bay it does look good and gave me some inspiration to carry on
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

No progress need to get back on it Alfa services don't have any lower rear quarters and don't think they ever will can get a left one on eBay for £75 but don't see much point buying just one side so will try and make them I've got a old front wing and am hoping lower front section is similar do will use that on one side and if that works will be after a rough o/s wing
Attachments
image.jpg

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Couple more old photos
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Not much progress and lost most of this years photos when I updated my phone
But have got the panel I need and I'am now in the process of fitting it first I made a new rear cross member as there was nothing left of the rear inner panel hope to get all the rear panel work finished before Christmas
And all the photos I lost are not to important as I can retake most as it was only photos of engine and suspension going back on / in
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Nice work mate, very thorough :P
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Why does the Welder all ways pack up on the important jobs thought i would tack rear panel on at lunch time
Cleaned it all up got it fitting nice zinc primer on the bear metal edge sealer on lower lip to stick it to spare wheel tub hold it in place with one hand welder in the other .
Welder won't penetrate both bits of metal just rests on top looking like pigeon poo . Lance is earthing out inside just about managed to tack it as long as I don't touch panel with lance shield !!!!
Attachments
image.jpg

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Welder fixed panel on
Attachments
image.jpg

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Another Sud arrives from oz :lol: :lol:

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Kegsti66 wrote:Another Sud arrives from oz :lol: :lol:
No I just weld better on my head

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Trouble is the weld spat get up your nose then :shock:

but it does take care of unsightly nostril hair! :lol:
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Not finished rear end before or Christmas but used a couple of lunch times to good effect this week

Tuesday lunch time
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Today's lunch time and a bit of works time would have been easier if panel was a bit bigger and included bumper hole and I want it as good as possible as Iam not fitting bumpers
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

if you're defo not using bumpers could you not just cut out the bumper mount and make it all smooth?

know that's a bit tricky if you ever sell it and someone wants to put them back on, or you change your mind though :)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

Simonsud

Post by Simonsud »

Did think about smoothing it all off but I like the holes and lumps for bumpers it keeps it honest! and if I ever want to put bumpers on I can
Just wish I had taken more care doing some of the repairs over ten years ago was looking at rear arches and thinking about cuting them off and starting again
It's on its third set and before I got it it had rear archs fitted by sliding them inside rear quarters and now I've done them twice I did the same when I normally fit as little as possible on top and when I lose the edge in filler n/s arch might not be as wide as it should !!