Another Series 1 Ti from OZ

Alfasam

Another Series 1 Ti from OZ

Post by Alfasam »

Just purchased this little beaut from a dealer in Sydney.

Shipping in a container this week to Southampton. ETA early November. Christmas has come early this year!
$_57.jpg

Greencloverleaf pat

Re: Another Series 1 Ti from OZ

Post by Greencloverleaf pat »

Nice looking sud seems to be a popular choice now.
Did it cost you a lot.

vecchioalfa

Post by vecchioalfa »

Alfasam wrote:Just purchased this little beaut from a dealer in Sydney.

Shipping in a container this week to Southampton. ETA early November. Christmas has come early this year!
$_57.jpg
Nice one!! another one comes to the UK :D

The guy who I bought mine off in Sydney told me about this, and the price to prove to me I had got a bargain :lol:

Mine took 2 months to get to me and looks like it changed ships in Korea according to the paperwork on the windscreen?! unsure, mine went as RO-RO cargo not in a container as it is for restoration but you made the right decision to put it in a container as yours is mint looking at all the photos.
The only real problem I did have was when mine got to Southampton - if you call southend-on-sea to get a commodity code it should be zero import duty and 5% vat (comes under collectors & antiquities) and there is a form to complete for the shipping agent this end. But when customs cleared it they had no proof it was a 'classic car' and tried to charge me £117 import duty and 20% vat (they also charge vat on the shipping cost!!) making total charge 3 times original estimate. As the car was de-registered in Australia when it left there was no log book with the car when it got here so I had to get the vendor to do me a invoice / letter from his classic car business which they eventually accepted and did it at zero import duty and 5% vat, but only after 6 days and once they clear it on their terms its £10 a day storage! so get something to prove it is a 'classic car', I can also give you my customs / NOVA reference number so they can compare if needed. If you need any help mate just message or call 07760 581975
Well done mate, look forward to seeing it 8-)
Adi
If you need the car collecting from the docks then Shrew knows the way as he helped me collect mine!! :D

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

:D What a beauty.
Top job.

Alfasam

Post by Alfasam »

Big thank you to other forum members for offers of help. Car is shipping this week so it would be very useful to converse further with other members who have already successfully trodden this path.

Meanwhile, here are some more pics of the car:
$_12.jpg
$_13.jpg
$_64.jpg
$_58.jpg
$_63.jpg
At the moment it has the wrong steering wheel fitted (from a series 1 four door) and the radio blanking plate is missing. Luckily I have been collecting Series 1 Ti parts over the last 5 years and have both items in my stash and in very good condition. Otherwise, as far as I am aware from the vendor and the photos he sent me the car is absolutely complete and original, just as it left the Melbourne dealership that supplied it to its retired lady owner in 1977. The car is one owner and was purchased by the dealer/vendor from a deceased estate three years ago. It had been in storage unused since the late 90's and needed re commissioning. The dealer has carried out work on the brakes, clutch, cooling system and general servicing in order to get the car fully roadworthy again. It still carries its original Victoria number plates and apparently has the jack, toolkit, instruction book and original bill of sale. It has approx. 58,000 miles recorded and was very well looked after as there is no sun damage to the dash or interior and the paintwork is reported to be all original. Interestingly, it was first painted red at the Alfasud factory and then the shell was painted over again in dark blue before being assembled. I have heard of other Series 1 Ti's in Australia and the UK that have this double paint colour quirk. Presumably they painted too many shells in red and later switched them to other colours according to demand. In some of the photos I was sent you can see the red paint showing through where there is overspray on the underside of the boot frame and under the front bulkhead. Maybe the extra layer of paint has helped preserve this car. I will post some more photos of the engine compartment and underside when I have time.

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

Hi Alfasam,
Car looks great, and that interior...................
Funny, my car was the other way around. Factory painted blue. First owner couldn't wait for a red one so he bought it and had it re sprayed red.
Bet you can't wait till it arrives.
Enjoy.

Greencloverleaf pat

Post by Greencloverleaf pat »

Car looks absolutely mint.

sudboy1490

Post by sudboy1490 »

Thats a gorgeous looking sud, well done it'll be a great addition to the UK collective ;)

We really need to have a S1 get together next year!!!!

Kev your just the man to organise it haha

alfachris

Post by alfachris »

Looks nice well done

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

sudboy1490 wrote:Thats a gorgeous looking sud, well done it'll be a great addition to the UK collective ;)

We really need to have a S1 get together next year!!!!

Kev your just the man to organise it haha
i have plans mate ;)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Flavia coupe 1.8 1963
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

I'm bad with people things
But I should have tried more

dralf1965

Post by dralf1965 »

Lovely, just lovely. Reminds me of mine! Although mine is a little more worn.
Well done, you really have found a cracker, and i look forward to seeing it.

I think the red primer was used on all Blu Posillipo cars, certainly was on my two.

dralf1965

Post by dralf1965 »

A series 1 get together next year would be great.

evanbottcher

Post by evanbottcher »

Sad to see it leaving Oz :-/

But I definitely didn't have the folding stuff to keep it here. That price certainly woke up a few people over here! You couldn't give a Sud away a few years back, regardless of condition.

Well done - glad it's gone to a good home!

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

evanbottcher wrote:Sad to see it leaving Oz :-/

But I definitely didn't have the folding stuff to keep it here. That price certainly woke up a few people over here! You couldn't give a Sud away a few years back, regardless of condition.

Well done - glad it's gone to a good home!
keep digging 'em out, we'll keep finding the buyers :D
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

evanbottcher

Post by evanbottcher »

I'm hoping we see some more appearing at our display days here in Australia, as early Suds are sorely under-represented! You folk in the UK are doing some fantastic restorations of early s1 Sud Tis which is brilliant - hardly anyone would do that here, they're much more interested in 105 coupes and sedans, GTVs etc. Great stuff - love seeing all the Suds being restored.

Anyway 'nuff about that - well done Alfasam. Moar photos when you get it landed!

Alfasam

Post by Alfasam »

Thank you to my fellow board members for all the enthusiasm and positive comments about the car. It was a big leap of faith for me to purchase this car from over 12,000 miles away and it is reassuring that the experts seem to think the condition of the car is as amazing as I did when I first viewed these picture files.
The under bonnet and underside are just about as clean as the interior, with the factory zinc plating on the nuts, bolts and washers still largely untarnished. The cosmetic condition really is amazing, so much so that the car looks to be a time-warp example. I intend to keep the car as factory original as possible and will only replace the missing or incorrect items that are obvious in the pics.

Some more pics of the interior. I am out of UK at the moment and do not have access to the other picture files the vendor sent me, will look to post some of these after 17th Oct when I return to UK.
Shadows on drivers seat are just damp patches from when the vendor washed the car to take the pics.  They do not show in other close up's I have seen.
Shadows on drivers seat are just damp patches from when the vendor washed the car to take the pics. They do not show in other close up's I have seen.
$_60.jpg
$_61.jpg
$_62.jpg

Kegsti66

Post by Kegsti66 »

What an absolute gem :mrgreen:

Alfasam

Post by Alfasam »

Back in the UK now so have access to the additional pics the vendor sent me.
Car is now in a container heading for Southampton with a mid November ETA.
Looking forward to taking it to meet up's and shows in 2015. :D
Nice and clean under here.  Has Australian market smog equipment still connected.
Nice and clean under here. Has Australian market smog equipment still connected.
Hot air pick up tube and exhaust duct are missing, but have these parts available so originality will be restored.
Hot air pick up tube and exhaust duct are missing, but have these parts available so originality will be restored.
Looks like you could probably eat your lunch off it!
Looks like you could probably eat your lunch off it!
And your tea too!
And your tea too!
Jack and tools are apparently still all in the car.  I have a spare rubber securing strap available which is lucky as it seems to be missing.
Jack and tools are apparently still all in the car. I have a spare rubber securing strap available which is lucky as it seems to be missing.

dave.armstrong

Post by dave.armstrong »

Wow! Amazing!!!

Sud 145

Post by Sud 145 »

What would that have sold for in the UK with the way prices have been going at the current trend? You lucky Buyer.

alfachris

Post by alfachris »

Looking forward to seeing this next year

KevJTD

Post by KevJTD »

superb 8-)
Giulietta JTD 170
Lancia Delta integrale
Lancia Dedra turbo
Renault Clio 197 RS

Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Wow looks like a great buy. Look forward to seeing it next year too 8-)